Dr. Mark R. Christofersen

Outstanding Staff Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Christofersen

My daughter has been in pain for years like myself as a child and as an adult. I made an appointment earlier this year for her. Her appointment was at 11:30am and she was not seen until after 6pm. We waited on him 6.5-7 hours after her appointment because her pain is that important to me as a mother and knowing what she is going through. I have yet to find help for my pain but when it comes to my child I will not stop looking for a doctor that can and will help her. I honestly don't think he even looked at her x-rays. He gave us about 5 minutes of his time. We had been referred based on her x-rays and our family history. He told us that she didn't even need a follow-up because she (just turned 13 earlier that month) had finished growing and her scoliosis would not get any worse. When we went to leave I tried to pay our $45 co-pay (didn't get $45 worth of time/service plus our insurance paid him) but all the office staff had already gone home. I received a bill for the $45 stating it was 30 plus days so I called to make the payment. I explained the situation but the lady was kind of rude so I told her that his time/service was not even worth the $45 I had to pay and that I should call my insurance company that paid him (I think it was around $200) and explain to them that he was paid $200-$300 for 5 minutes of his time. Very disappointed

Submitted January 7, 2017

Dr. Chris has treated my son, my daughter, my grandson and myself (before he went into pediatrics). He was always kind and has a special way with children.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I was very disappointed. I took my 18 month old to see Dr. Christoferson on a referral from her peditrician. Our appointment was at 1pm, I was told to arrive 30 minutes early to fill out new patient paperwork. I arrived 1 hour early. So I got there at NOON! Doctor Christoferson saw us ten after FIVE! We waited for OVER FIVE HOURS! Need I remind you that they close at 5, so Dr. Christoferson gave us about 10 minutes of his time. He was kind but very brief, he told us to come back in October for a cast to straighten her feet out. They straightened themselves out before then. The staff appologized for our long wait, and no one else was there to see him, I was told that he does appointments in Nashville as well, and that he might have been at that hospital all day. I would have DRIVEN to Nashville, I would have gladly rescheduled upon arrival - but we were told "not much longer" hour after hour. My daughter cried almost the whole time, and I was ready to cry too by time we left.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Thanks Dr. C. I am doing much better.Youand your staff are great.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Mark R. Christofersen's Credentials

• Southern Il Univ Sch Of Med, Springfield Il 62794 (Grad. 1978)