Ratings for Dr. John B. Kelly

One of the best doctors I have EVER encountered. He is friendly, knowledgeable, and unfortunately retiring in just over a month. I'm sad to see him go.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Worst office staff I have EVER encountered. May be the result of being understaffed in this poorly run office, where the phones not only have outdated information but do not operate properly. By contrast, Lisa Stroud, nurse practitioner, is almost worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Kelly since he was an intern. He is an excellent doctor. His staff is extremely bad. They don't listen well and they ignore the patients. The staff was better years ago but they're just not very caring. It actually borders on unprofessionalism. It is too bad too because sometimes the quality of the staff reflects back on Dr. Kelly. They have lied several times about leaving messages, appointment times and messages in general . I don't appreciate that because so many times I go there and feel like leaving. If he didn't make up for the staff's issues, I'd see someone else.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I had a very challenging experience with Dr Kelly recently. I was suffering from cluster headaches and have been a patient of Dr Kelly's for about 15 years. I have always had a high regard for him as a person and physician. Approximately, a month ago my cluster headaches became quite severe. I called Dr Kelly's phone and left two voice messages on a Friday. The voice mail message said the patient would not be contacted until the following business day if the message was left after 2pm which mine was. Accordingly, I did not expect a call back until some time on Monday. I called a third time on Monday morning to give additional information to Dr Kelly about my headache status. My calls were not returned until Wednesday, 5 days after my initial 2 calls. The assistant that returned my call said someone would follow up with me and make sure I get an appointment. I asked why my call hadn't been returned sooner and was told that it was returned on the second business day. When I explained that the office's message to patient's states calls will be returned either that day or the following day, she was surprised and I suggested that she should listen to the message to know what patients are being told. She also said the office had no record of my two calls from the previous Friday. That Wednesday, someone called me and asked for my insurance and without it I could not get an appointment scheduled. I called back within an hour and left a message with my insurance information. By the next Monday, no one had ever contacted me. which is 10 full days after my initial two calls.So, I called a 5th time and demanded to be seen that day but was told that was not possible. I was told I could be seen the following day and reluctantly agreed as I was really suffering. About 2 hours later, Dr Kelly's office called and said I could see Lisa that day. I got right in to see Lisa and apologized for being so insistent at the same time I expected an apology , particularly from Dr Kelly but none was forthcoming. I saw Lisa one more time and there was another appointment glitch but it was resolved. I wrote a long letter to Dr Kelly and Lisa expressing my deep disappointment and frustration with how I was treated. No one ever responded to my letter. Needless to say, I will never use Dr Kelly's services again.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

The man was hired by workers comp. insurance to treat me. The man initially acted as if he would be of some help. The man has lied to my face on several occassions. The man had no less than 12 lies in his notes which cost me my SSD. The man lied to me again in regards to a letter for workers comp stating he would do one for me, even has his office call a comfirm he was going to do so,which he never did & again he lied which cost me my workers comp. He has literally screw his patient (me) for the insurance company. I wonder if i gets a kick back for screwing people out of their workers comp. I told the man i thought i had arachnoiditis and he told me that is impossible for it only applies to someone who has had surgery, which is another lie. My older sister has offered to pay him cash to help me and the man said that there is absolutely nothing you can do for my condition, which i am sure this is a lie also for there are to many options that could be tried, like a spinal cord sti

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Dr Kelly himself is great, but his office staff is terrible. They have made appointments with me, only to tell me that I wasn't on the schedule and could not be seen after I drove 30 minutes to get there. Today I was the second appointment of the day and have been waiting in an exam room for 1 hour and 15 minutes. My wife called to see if I had been forgotten, and, no, I had not. No emergency, no heartfelt apology from the staff. Just "There's always a wait to see Dr. Kelly."

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

Great doctor. For as much as this practice is making they could really use more staff. I usually wait over two hours for an appointment. Very hard to contact by phone.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

The front desk staff are rude and uncaring. A typical appointment wait is 2+ hours. Appointment time was 2:00, still not called back at 4:05. When asked, the response is always yes the doctor is running on schedule, no I cannot tell you how much longer.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Referred by another Dr, tried to make an appointment in person, was rudely dismissed by the receptionist Didn't take CIGNA. Standing there in intense pain trying to make an appointment, explained that I was there due to an injury sustained in an auto accident and that auto insurance should pay for it anyway. She asked for the auto insurance information before she would make an appointment. Next day I called and they were closed at 4pm and had a long goofy message on with all of the excuses why they weren't answering. Called the next day(suffering in intense pain continuously) to give the insurance information. Explaining that the accident wasn't my fault so there are 2 insurance companies and I wasn't sure who was going to pay for what. She asked who's the billing party? I didn't understand. She shouted out "we don't bill 3rd parties!". Then she just hung up on me. Yes, if you have a serious neck and head injury this is how you want your Dr.'s office to treat you, right?

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

Dr. Kelly turned my life around. I am forever indebted to him. I was having 15-20 migraines a month, and was just about to lose my job over this. I had been on every medication out there. He found the answer when no other doctor could. Botox! It saved my job, and my sanity. This guy is the best!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

Dr. John B. Kelly's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)