Ratings for Dr. Hung J. Kim

My ENT referred me to him for ongoing ear pain and unfortunately didn't communicate what he wanted me to do after getting an MRI he ordered. His bedside manner is okay, but he's more on the quiet side. I was not super impressed so I'm not dying to go back.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Kim is a horrible communicator. Very poor at responding to pharmacy faxes to refill prescriptions. My pharmacist said many doctors ned constant urging to send updated scripts but this guy gets the trophy. The problem might be in his assistant Danielle Jackson who has set up a phone mail jail where she is unreachable with nobody else to get information from. Very poor practice management. Sad.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr Kim is a sub-specialist (otoneurologist) and is obviously very sharp (Georgetown) but not particularly into conjecture outside his specialty, which is ok. His bedside manner leaves something to be desired because sometimes it seems like he is not listening or responding to your own ideas but his team was very thorough and helpful, as were the rule-outs and tests he commissioned for me. If you go to this Doctor for something that clearly seems ear related--cholestetoma, acoustic neuroma, pulsatile tinnitus...etc...I think he will probably nail it. I was referred by another ENT who was just plain disinterested in the complexity of my ear disorder (waste of time, clearly an "allergy guy) but Dr Kim's office seemed unintimidated by it. Ultimately I think my problem is referred from the neck and so it's beyond his scope, but his rule outs for the head and temporal bone were good. His referrals left something to be desired...he had none for me. At least he didn't say "Try Hopkins."

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

Dr. Hung J. Kim's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal