Ratings for Dr. David Wiltse

Dr. Wiltse saved my life. Not only did he save me when I needed him most, he put me on the medicine that has "cured" me from asthma that I have suffered from my entire life. I would recommend him to anyone with asthma or COPD and I wish other doctors were like him. He took great care of me in the hospital, it was obvious the entire staff at Western Hills Mercy Hospital respect him and his ability to help his patients. I just can't say enough good things about him. This is my second anniversary from my asthma attack and I have been symptom free ever since. I truly believe that Dr. Wiltse saved my life and I will forever be grateful to him and his wonderful knowledge and his great care that he took. Thank you Dr. Wiltse.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

My mother was a patient and for some reason she loved him. I fail to see why. Had COPD and on oxygen for years, but from the minute I met him, he had with her one foot in the grave (she was still working and living alone at this point). She took every word he said as gospel. When she was hospitalized for surgery on an emergent basis (totally unrelated to her lungs) she ended up with pneumonia (a week after surgery). When she went to rehab, he came to see her - she was on a ventilator but was totally conscious and lucid. He never looked at her, talked to her or examined her. He handed me a piece of paper copied from her chart that he had highlighted that said she had a poor prognosis and that she should make herself a "no code". My mother gave consent for the surgery fully knowing that she might need a vent. Dr. W gave no personal service at the time when she needed him most, and was very dismissive to her, and my family. Other lung docs at the hospital disagreed with him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

In my family's opinion he was very unprofessional,had a terrible bed-side manner, was very mean and jumped to a conclusion based on something that he did not witness. He caused us a lot of suffering that was not needed.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. David Wiltse's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1975)