Ratings for Dr. John T. Mcelveen

except for thewaiting we had a good experience.would recommend. Margret is also great.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I saw him in Greenville instead of his own clinic. My experience with him in this case was that he was very rushed. He was very friendly and informative when doing his first exam but the appointment was very short and he was at least an hour late because of being held up in surgery. I got the feeling that appointment wise he was over booked as a visiting specialist. I would be interested to see his manner in raleigh. His nurse Margaret handled most of his patient questions. I also saw him for less than 5 minutes at my pre operative appointment where he explained the surgery again but did not see him before or directly following surgery. Though he did meet with the person with me to explain the procedure post-op. Margaret again handled my follow up prior to release from the hospital. My only real complaint was the fact that he did not check in with me at any point of my postoperative care in the 24 hours I was held overnight in the hospital.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

I appreciate the expertise of Dr McElveen and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

I have waited for over an hour on two separate occasions. I understand that a doctor can sometimes get backed up but it would be nice to be notified that he is running a little late, especially while trying to entertain a two year old. My second complaint is that Dr McElveen barely spent 5 minutes evaluating her and was on his way out the door without asking if I had any questions. I stopped him before leaving but I still felt rushed. He seemed to not be concerned that my two year old may not be hearing sounds correctly during this very important developmental time. It seems to me that an auditory test should be scheduled the same day as the doctor's visit on the 6 month follow up visit after surgery. Why would the doctor not want to have the patient's hearing evaluated? Does just looking in the ears suffice??? I was not happy with this office and will not return.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011