Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Mellis

I have been seeing Dr. Mellis since he was a resident when I was 15 years old and I am now 50 something so that is what 35 plus years now (chuckles). He is also the reason a very difficult diagnosisosis of a rather hard to find autoimmune disease was made that we could not find for over 20 years was made, when many other doctors were telling me that my problems were only in my head. Yet he stuck with me saying that a) he knew me, and believed me that something was truly wrong, b) that with time and good ole diagnostic medicine we would find out what it was, and c) he would find out just what it was. Thank goodness for his old fashioned diagnostic tactics and searching for it did indeed search out the problem and find the culprit and save my life and make it better and livable again! Now even though I live about an hour and half away I still crave that distance to see him! I am just not willing to give up a man/physician who is that good! See that is the way true medicine should be practiced! And he knows that! I just wish they would let him teach a master class on the subject!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Couldn't agree more with any of the other reviews. I wouldn't go anywhere else but to Dr. Mellis,until the day I die, or he retires. Has the biggest heart that is most compassionate, kind, giving, and intelligent man. He cares more about the patient and how to help them feel better than the money. Which is hard to say for a lot of the doctors, now a days. I have the utmost trust in his abilities, and would recommend that everyone go to him. As soon as you step into his office you are immediately in a welcoming and caring environment. Despite any negative comments, Dr. Mellis won't ever let them get to him. He knows how he practices and has confidence in his ability to help people. He truly is a blessing, for me and my family. Saved my life multiple times. Will always be grateful for him and his hospitality. He is a quick thinker, will listen to your problems no matter how long it takes, and make sure you get the right treatment. Unlike other doctors, who will send you for unnecessary tests or procedures for the money. He is prescise and will fight for you, and won't let you participate in something that is not needed, or won't be helpful to your health. He is such a devoted man. Has the best memory, can name a patient,their medicines, and problems. I remember one day, I was really having pain. He saw me that day. Let me tell you, that day was a Sunday! He came down to the office within 5min. He took away from his own time to see me, He brought along his wonderful family, who was extremely sweet, patient, and curtious towards me and my care. That day, he diagnosed my problem and with no hesitation sent me for a couple tests, that would later on help with treating me. PUT ALL MY FAITH IN THIS MAN. I TRUST HIM COMPLETELY. SUCH A LOVELY AND INCREDIBLE DOCTOR!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Mellis is the single most helpful, caring, and knowledgeable physician that I have ever met. He truly runs an old-fashioned style practice, something that I remember fondly from back in the day. He never rushes you, and always takes the time to get to know his patients, both medically and personally. Dr. Mellis is one of the smartest people I have ever met. When my husband was feeling very sick, Dr. Mellis was able to identify the problem when none of the other doctors we went to could. I am very thankful to be a part of his practice, and grateful for him saving my husband's life. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Mellis handles his own calls, and that he does not have an answering service, making it very easy to reach him in the event of an emergency. Everything about his office environment is welcoming and friendly, from the receptionists at the front desk, to the lady who draws blood in the office, to the wonderful office manager who handles billing and insurance questions, and Dr. Mellis himself! Dr. Mellis, I thank you for taking wonderful care of me and my family over the last few years.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

A great Dr also ready to help make you better. Always available , patient, kind and very attentive to what your problem and is there to make you BETTER anytime day or night. There is one reviewer seems to have a problem if they can fill in the box saying the same thing 3 different times, what a shame. That is being disorganized & cannot count. I am sure that person got good care whether or not. DR NICK will never fail you. He is very knowledgeable & organization is NOT what makes a good DR. He has others to do that and with all the patients he sees with or WITHOUT an appointment and anytime day or night he is there for EVERYONE who needs a DR. That is the definition of a well organized DR.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Best doctor there is... Available 24 hours a day.. Will see patients same day, without wait. excellent office staff who goes out of there way to make you comfortable. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Love this Doctor... With all the area doctors going concierge medicine I am thankful to find an old fashion Dr. Who believes in putting the patient first, not just those who can afford to pay for the service of seeing a private Dr. Dr. Mellis provides 24 hour on call emergency service, returns our phone calls promptly and gets the diagnosis right on the first... I would say he is running a concierge practice without charging the patients! His love for healing his patients overrides the daily headaches he must face as a primary care physician. It's nice to know there are still Drs out there fighting! Thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Mellis has treated my wife and myself for over fifteen years and the care is EXCELLENT. He is truly gifted. His diagnosis are always spot on - its truly uncanny how good he is at figuring out what ailments his patients are suffering from and then treating them accordingly. He is awesome I will never switch to another doctor unless he retires someday. I have an insurance plan which Dr. mellis is not a part of the network so I simply see him on my own and pay out of pocket and cannot be reimbursed by my insurance. Does not phase me a bit because the care is extraordinary and worth every penny and i'm glad to do it rather than see another doctor who is in network.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr, Mellis has been my and my husband's doctor for many years. I would highly recommend him. He always takes his time with you and listens. He has helped both of us over the years with many different problems. We too have received calls from him in the evening which I think just goes to show how dedicated he is. He is one of a kind and I am grateful to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Wonder doctor.. Would highly recommend. The staff is on helpful and compassionate. Dr. Mellis keeps looking until he finds an answer! Saved my life.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Mellis has been my doctor for over 10 years. He is the best. He doesn't hesitate to send you for testing, etc., to find answers. The other reviewer is correct--if you don't feel good, he will find the answer. His appointments always run on time. Most importantly, he always returns phone calls. He has called me at 9:00 p.m. when I've had concerns. He is compassionate and very dedicated. As long as he is practicing, he will be my physician. I trust in him completely.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Dr. Nicholas Mellis's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1992)

Assurant