Ratings for Dr. Christopher R. Deangelis

I moved to Woodhaven 2 yrs. ago. I signed a release to transfer or what I thought was transferring, my records from Oakwood Canton to Dr DeAngelis's office. I haven't had many visits with this doctor, however, I did experience his outburst/rudeness. It started a month ago; I became sick with whatever bug is going around? He gave me a steroid shot and a z pack, which did not work. I went back a month later (still sick) and ask to see my chart so I could suggest what my doctor in Canton gave me (that worked every-time) he advised me that's not how it works, Doctors like to make their own diagnoses and go from there. I than, was advised my records were never transfer, I asked the doctor why, he stated ” that's Oakwood’s fault for not sending them”! Then he asked me, if I ever quit smoking? ” No I didn’t, I'm still working on it". He aggressively stated “That’s why you’re sick! And if you’re not going to quit I can't treat you anymore, and if you don't believe me you can find a new doctor" at this point I'm in utter shock that a doctor would be that aggressive and take that tone with their patient. He then offered me a script for chantex, if he would have bothered to look in my chart, he would have seen he already gave me a script over a month ago? ( it gave me terrible nightmares). So the long and short of it....He threw Oakwood Canton under the bus, because he didn't follow up on his new patient's records, nor did he ever try to get to know me. He had way entirely too much pride to look at another doctors notes, to see what could take care of this bug I had. Just a very unnecessary bad experience. I will note; his staff has always been professional, very courteous never rude with me.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I have NEVER been yelled at by a doctor, but Dr DeAngelis yelled at me. I had mentioned that one of his staff was a little short with me, we had difficulty making an appt. because of my schedule and his hours, and he flew into a rage saying that was not possible and continued yelling all the way down the hall. He told me I should find another doctor, and I immediately agreed. His staff is wonderful and acted mortified, even apologized to me for being short on the phone, all while he was yelling. He was quick to write prescriptions, (one for blood pressure that I have since found out can cause weight gain), lecture me about my weight, and tell me the numbness in my legs "isn't debillatating". He never really helped me, just made referrals to other doctors who could. Best thing I ever did was to quit seeing him! He needs to learn how to talk to patients and keep his temper under control!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

DEANGELIS, CHRISTOPHER R is an awful doctor. Yelled at me when I told him I did not have $1000 to $500 for an insulin pump. I had already checked with the insurance company and could not yet afford one. Instead of him trying to work with me and contact the insurance company to provide me with ( what he thought was proper care) he grabbed his lap top left the exam room. When I decided to give him a second chance in treating me, he informed me I had a rare condition that causes pain (hidradenitis suppurative). I asked what the cause was and how he was going to treat it. I was explaining that I am bleeding through my clothes and in pain. He said ya. Ok. I" ll be back - took his laptop again and left the exam room. He did not return. Like he could not be bothered to talk to me. So far he has billed my insurance co. $253, that with out the $300 premium for blue cross. I think for that much money he could have been a grown up and talked to me. We go to our doctors vulnerable, pain,worried.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. DeAngelis for over 6 years. He is knowledgeable and takes the time to explain what his opinion is. Never rushes through the appointment and thoroughly answers my questions. He is not quick to write you a script you don't NEED. So if your doctor shopping for someone who will serve as your personal Rx Pez dispenser keep on moving. Dr. D gives you RX when it has a good chance of helping treat you NOT because you "read an article on the internet" or "saw it on Dr. Oz"

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Deangelis was recommended to me when I needed to find a new doctor. I went in seeking help with chronic migraines and headaches, chronic pain, muscle weakness, and extreme sleepiness. After one appointment and a blood test he told me there was nothing wrong with me and I needed a therapist to deal with my depression. I couldn't believe how dismissive he was and I tried to get him to listen to me with no luck. Thankfully I found a doctor who thinks having a headache ever day for 2 years is serious and was willing to listen. Depression was not my diagnosis, I have now been diagnosed with arthritis and narcolepsy in a addition to being treated for my migraines. I'm glad I didn't just accept Dr. Deangelis' opinion considering the narcolepsy was getting pretty dangerous to me and others.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

He has been my doctor since 2002. He is never over-booked. I have several chronic diseases,he is always on top of them. I recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor. The doctor and the staff are always polite and responsive.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr.DeAngelis is arrogant and rude. Very poor bedside manner. I am changing doctors immediately.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011