Dr. Raymond M. Carroll

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Raymond M. Carroll

This Orthopedic Surgeon has been the best surgeon office that I ever walked into. He takes his time to explain everything to you; and base his decision on the clients' needs. I had a Rotator Cuff Repair and everything was handled in a very professional and timely manner at the Blue Ridge Surgery Center. I highly recommend this surgeon 1st. when you're looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon in the Raleigh/Cary area. Wonderful Job.....

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

I would like to recommend Dr. Carroll and his assistant, Leslie. I experienced a frayed bicep tendon which is elective surgery. I vacillated as to whether to have it done or not. Each time Dr. Carroll patiently listened to my concerns and answered my questions without pushing me one way or the other. When I decided to proceed I was impressed with his skills, compassion, and patience. Surgery was a success; Recovery is going well. I would recommend him unquestionably for shoulder issues.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

Terrible experience! Rotator cuff surgery in August 2018repairing the infraspinatus. After 4 months of PT, I still could not lift my arm without extreme/severe pain. Dr. Carroll ordered second MRI with contrast in December 2018. He read the MRI and determined that I had a torn supraspinatus that would require another surgery. At this point, I went to another surgeon. My second surgery was on January 17th, 2019. My suprtaspinatus was fine! What I had was a torn/shredded biceps tendon that was missed during my first surgery performed by Dr. Carroll.

Submitted March 29, 2019

I had a total shoulder replacement on 10/03/2018 by Dr. Carroll. What I appreciated is the initially consolation he gave me the facts and options in resolving my condition. He did not sway me one way or another. Since I am very active at 71 I chose to do it. His PA Leslie is fantastic too guiding you for recuperation and follow -up PT. The surgery is exactly as described and I have 3 more months to get to it's final outcome . Swam laps for the first time , I can put weight on it and have no pain. Glad I did this and will continue the stretching the rest of my life . Thank you Dr. Carroll & Leslie and the staff . "Titanium Kelly"

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Dr. Carroll is very knowledgeable and understanding. He is an extremely compassionate physician. I only have wonderful things to say about Dr. Carroll and his staff!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

Very knowledgeable and takes time with his patients. I brought my child to him and he was very compassionate and patient. Even after leaving my child still talks about Dr. Carroll. Happy to have someone to bring my entire family to.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

I had total shoulder replacement surgery in November. Dr. Carroll is great, very caring Physician, he is very approachable, great bedside manner, and I would recommend him as a surgeon to anyone needing shoulder surgery.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

He was a great doctor but he didn’t know how to diagnose me.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

I had shoulder replace back in November. I went for physical therapy for 3 months twice a week after surgery. Surgery was and so was Dr Carroll. But each time i was in for therapy I would ask at the end what do I owe today copay? and was told each visit there is no charge. Well at the end of my therapy the last day they told me, you have a bill for $753.00 would you like to pay it today. Well I was very upset and no wish you had told me as I came in each week, being on social security income not able to pay that. Now I am having a lot of pain in my shoulder like I had before the surgery. I called the doctor office and now I am being told, we can't help you until the bill is paid in full. This is not good practice for a a good doctor as Dr Carroll is. So now I have a lot of pain and no help.... Not Happy

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Carroll is very approachable, great bedside manner. He does not rush into testing or surgery conversations, using them as last resort. He has fixed bad shoulder(rotator cuff) and I am able to distance swim again as though surgery never happened. I chose him as all surgical nurses said he was the best and they would only use him. Back again for knee troubles, once again finding his approach and concern exactly the same. I fell blessed to have someone so good putting this old woman back together again!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Raymond M. Carroll's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Orthopaedic shoulder specialist Dr. Raymond Carroll joined Cary Orthopaedics in 2006 and loves practicing medicine in his home state. Dr. Carroll specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of shoulder disorders including rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement, labral tears, shoulder arthritis, shoulder instability and shoulder fractures such as clavicle fractures and proximal humerus fractures. He is a nationally recognized shoulder surgeon who also performs Independent Medical Exams and second opinion services for patients with shoulder conditions resulting from personal injury, complications of shoulder surgery and workers’ compensation claims. With extensive experience in arthroscopic shoulder surgery and shoulder replacement, Dr. Carroll routinely performs arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic labral repairs and arthroscopic shoulder surgery for other conditions. He specializes in shoulder arthroplasty (replacement) including anatomic shoulder replacement, reverse shoulder replacement and partial shoulder replacement. He is also experienced in the surgical treatment of shoulder instability and shoulder dislocations. For patients who require surgery, Dr. Carroll is trained in arthroscopic labral repair, arthroscopic posterior labral repair, open bankart/labral repair, open capsular shift and latarjet or coracoid transfer procedures. In addition to his medical training and residency, Dr. Carroll has extensive credentials as a shoulder specialist and sports medicine specialist. He was fellowship trained at the Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine at New York Orthopaedic Hospital and Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City. He became certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 2004 and received a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine in 2008. He has been a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2006. Dr. Carroll is the team physician for Holly Springs High School, where he enjoys contributing his medical expertise in the community. At Cary Orthopaedics, he gets to know his patients and enjoys helping each one reach his or her personal goals while recovering from injury or surgery.

• English

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)
  • University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Grad. 1991)
  • Georgetown University (Grad. 2001)
  • Columbia University New York (Grad. 2002)

• Frozen Shoulder Treatment