Ratings for Dr. Sergio R. Mather

He needs to retire along with his nurse Lindey. Makes too many mistakes and does not spend time with patient... they much rather see 100 cattle a day oops people a day than care about them...follow the money!!!stay away from IMA

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Mather often times is running late on appointments but that is because he is willing to spend time with his patients to ensure they don't have any questions. Best endocrinologist I have ever worked with.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I find Dr. Mather to be extremely knowledgeable about diabetes. He is patient and takes the time to explain things when needed. I am extremely happy with him and his team

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Thought Dr Mather was wonderful and very knowledgeable in both diabetes and thyroid disease. Did not rush and explained everything in detail

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I like Dr Mather. He is a quiet man who listens and helps but after 6 years of seeing him I am not totally confident that I have had the best treatment. His prescriptions are always very expensive and he has to be steered towards generics.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

He seems pleasant enough, but either he isn't very knowledgeable with thyroid diseases (hashimotos/ auto immune disease) or he is unsympathetic. Or he picks and chooses which patients he cares about. He acts like thyroid disease isn't a problem. I don't think he believes me when I say I have symptoms. My primary Dr caught a deficiency in vitamin d (very common with hypothyroidism) by listening to me describe the same symptoms I had described to Dr. Mather. But Dr. Mather didn't believe me. Apparently I'm supposed to be 100% up to par health-wise and energy-wise, like everyone else, even though I have thyroid disease. Makes me wonder if he even knows ANYTHING about hypothyroidism? And I asked for a 90 day supply of synthroid instead of 30 so I wouldn't have to keep going to the pharmacy every month, but he wouldn't do it. I think he picks and chooses who he cares for. Go at your own risk.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Always takes time to explain test results and treatment options

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Sergio R. Mather's Credentials

• Univ Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Prog Acad De Med, Lima, Peru (Grad. 1977)

Delta Dental