Ratings for Dr. Muhammad Afzal

Contracted infection of the thorax 4 days after endoscopy performed by Dr. Afzal and infection continues. Will have followup soon to see if there was damage to thorax during procedure. I've had head colds and chest colds on occasion but never, ever an infection with discolored musus from the thorax. A real shame.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr. Afzal is one of the most arrogant and insensitive docs that I have ever known. He performed a colonoscopy on me in June 2014. I was admitted in the hospital two days ago with an acute lower GI bleed and an intestinal infection. I was released from the hospital w/ pending test from my fecal specimen. I saw Dr. Afzal today and asked him to contact the hospital to get the pending results from my fecal specimen. He said it was useless and that fecal test do not tell you anything. He told me that I should not be concerned about passing blood and mucus from my rectum w/ out stool. "This is normal", he said. He said I was bleeding from the rectum because I was straining at stool. When I told him that I had diarrhea at first w/ severe cramping and was not straining, he told me that he did not care what I said and that I was straining at stool! He does not care about his patients and thinks that he know more than other gastroenterologists and hospitalists. I left his office in tears!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Muhammad Afzal's Credentials

• King Edward Med Coll, Univ Of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan (Grad. 1967)