Ratings for Dr. Melanie I. Amster

Dr. Amster is very tardy. She has had me wait for an hour or more 2 times. She examined me and wad not gentle t time. If I could sum it all up, she practices like she is in a fast foid restauran. Her staff is rowdy and very unprofessional. The sit around and talk about the patients and the highlight of their day is what are we having for lunch. I saw her at Hahneman. Im now having to go for second opinion because of her incompetence.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I found Dr. Amster to be one of the most compassionate physicians with whom I have even come into contact. Her kindness and caring demeanor more than put me at ease. She walked me through every aspect of my diagnosis and treatment and carefully answered ALL my questions. She is without a doubt, one of those rare medical professionals who really "gets it" from a patients point of view. Because of her exquisite bedside manner and compassion, I now have a new urologist!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

I have an ongoing problem with bladder infections, the cause of which no doctor has been able to diagnose. The office staff is awful and I would block off at least 3 hours of your day for your visit, which will last maybe 5 minutes. I have gone there several times without even seeing the doctor and ended up seeing some sort of nurse who had no knowledge of my medical history. When I first went to Dr. Amster I told her that I had had 6 infections in one year... more or less she didn't believe me... and now that it has been a year and she has seen me about 6 times, she finally believes that yes the cultures are right. However, I think she has a very nurturing manner and seems to get along very well with her patients, including myself. As far as urologists go, I find that she is less willing to jump into unnecessary surgery or dangerous medications, and listens to my concerns (now that she believes me).

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

Terrible experience. When I went into the bathroom to give a urine sample (in a very sanitary dixie cup), there were several other un-labeled dixie cups in there already. When I told Dr. Amster this, her response was "Well, don't touch them". Her office called me a MONTH after my appt to let me know that I had a bladder infection. The whole experience was awful --- the office was disgusting and Dr. Amster is arrogant and rude.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2006

No bedside Manor...Very rude office staff...She is very rude to! Not very understanding of one's wishes or one being scared about certian aspects either. Likes to assume if your scared then you don't go to the doctor very much! If you are scared during the appointment and have to make other appointment for more tests or a follow up she'll have her secretary call you a few hours after you leave to confirm your next appointments and make sure you are still coming to your next appointments... VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and RUDE! Her nurse and herself make you feel like your a baby for asking questions about procedures and why certain things have to be done in each procedure. Basically to sum it all up she's not a doctor that makes you feel very comfortable or like you can ask questions either. I would NOT recommend her to anyone because of this.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006

Dr. Melanie I. Amster's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)