Ratings for Dr. Bernard F. Martin

Dr. Martin is my favorite doctor! Right from the start, I knew he would be able to help me. I met with him first 2 1/2 years ago to discuss treatment of my bunions. He suggested surgery but didn't push the issue. He talked about some alternatives to try first and told me to think about treatment options. I then had a second opinion a year later. That doctor confirmed what Dr. Martin suggested but also noted I was going to need crutches, whereas Dr. Martin talked about a surgical shoe that would eliminate my need of crutches. I finally decided to address the issue in Nov. 2015, after having excruciating pain for months. We talked about surgery and Dr. Martin suggested I bring my husband in to meet with him to discuss post surgical care. I had surgery in January 2016. Dr. Martin was a phenomenal surgeon! He spends a great deal of time with me during every single visit. He truly knows me as a person and has always taken time to answer my questions. Joyce, his receptionist, is amazing! She truly knows her stuff and is so wonderful to deal with. This is truly a place where the staff know you as a person and by name. I always feel welcome the second I walk through the door.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Very intelligent, helpful, and patient friendly. I don't know what these other role are talking about...

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I’d been a patient of Dr. Martin since 1989. He is an excellent Podiatrist and someone who I thought very highly of, so I never hesitated on recommending him to family members or friends. After calling to schedule an appointment, I was told that the doctor was no longer accepting my insurance - this turned out not to be true. When I mentioned this to his office – his assistant immediately connected me to Dr. Martin who politely explained that, in truth, he would no longer be servicing me or any member of my family. When I asked why, he explained that it was because he and my 25 year old niece (his patient) had a disagreement. I was not aware of their dispute, and never the less, did not understand what this had to do with our doctor/patient relationship, as we have always been on good terms with one another. I was flabbergasted and very hurt by this, but have since moved on to another podiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I went to seeDoctor Martin about my 4th toe on my right foot that was infected. When he came into the room he looked at the toe and said it looked bad and you could lose the tip of your toe if it is not treated. Some people are babies and he told me he had to take the nail off and I said i really dont want the nail off. He stormed out of the room and went to the next patient refusing to take care of me. The secretary came in who I know and asked me what happened and Itold her. She was more comforting to me then the docyor and said he numbs area and you wont feel a thing. I said okay and she went to the doctor and he would not take care of my problem and told me go elsewhere. I was so nervous about what he said that I went home and after calling several doctors I got a doctor named Karen Aglietti on Eliot ave in middle village and she was the best and took care of me. This doctor has no sympathy for patients and i would not reccommend him to my worst enemy.Check out Karen Aglietti

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr. Bernard F. Martin's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)