Dr. Jeffrey R. Lyman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey R. Lyman

4 years of wasting time with the public system in Alberta drove me to look out of country. After much research I opted to go with Dr Lyman and couldn't be happier. From the phone consultation to the post op check up Dr L and staff were friendly and helpfull, not sure what more I could ask for. I was given the Drs cell # and told to contact him directly if any problems arose after surgery. There were no problems but he called me 2 days post op just to make sure all was well. Again what more could I ask for? Dr Lyman performed a mako 2 compartment pkr on me 10 weeks ago with stellar results. Pain is completely gone and scar healed nicely, only minimal swelling left but I was warned it will be 6-12 months to heal completely. Dr Lyman and staff have given me my life back and for this I'm eternally grateful! If any Canadians are reading this and tired of living in pain take the leap, I firmly believe you won't regret it! AT Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I went to see Dr. Lyman 10 weeks ago told me do PT get off the hydrocondon I was taking 1 pill at nite received quite a lecture on that point also 2 weeks before I saw Lyman I saw is PA who gave me a shot in the inner knee waited a week went back for shot on the outside of the knee. Neither shot did anything to stop pain . Pain is at 10 most all the time. Then as stated above I saw Lyman. He also had me get radiofrequency ablation to kill the nerve endings which also gave me no relief. After 9 weeks of severe pain I saw him again. Went to appointment the desk told me I was not on there schedule, I made the appointment over a week before. Was told they could work me in .25 minutes . I said fine I have to see him they could not schedule me in til after first of year. I told the desk I'm in so much pain I had to see him. 1 hour and a half later I saw Lyman. I was in tears because the situation the desk had put me in. I was in tears and totally in 10 pain. He doesn't even read the PT report told me I was rude to his front desk,which I was not, I was desperate for relief. All I wanted was to find out what the next step would be, schedule knee replacement if that was what I needed. He showed no sympathy for my situation. I was in tears,stressed out from little sleep over 9 weeks,and 10 pain. I informed him why I was stressed several times. All I wanted was what's next. He was more worried about staffs feeling and his then what I have been going thru. Needless to say he wasted my time and left me in horrible pain. I will not be seeing Lyman again! Any doctor who has no regard for the pain and suffering his patient is going thru has right practicing

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Tore ACL  in Rt Knee.  Dr. Lyman promised me the world. Said all other local surgeons were very poor at knees.   He stated his way was the best and really only way and I would be very, very, happy with it.  He stated that he would call the hospital and follow the protocol of the Infections Disease Specialists there as my knee had a super infection..... I was instructed  by the CDA hospital that I needed special antibiotics just prior to my surgery.   He asked if I had anyone else in mind for my knee surgery.  I told him I was also considering another ortho doc...   who did my shoulder as it turned out fantastic...He asked the name of this other doc and then proceeded for 45 minutes to tell me how poor the other doc was at knees even though he may be good at shoulders. I found out after the surgery; he lied to me and never administered the antibiotics he stated he would and never even called the Specialists at the hospital ..  He caused an infection in the stitching. He allows his receptionists to do close ups when he's rushed. This she bragged to me. He also stated he could do a complete ACL in 18 minutes. All this I discovered afterwards ; when the stitching  became infected... This soft spoken doctor became furious when the hospital called and asked if he would remove the self dissolving stitches as they were infected and very sloppy with pieces of my dermis tied over my epidermis. It looked like a big zigzag with lumps.  ........only pus and bleeding for months due to the infection.  My PT even called him and spoke with his concern about it . I went down to his office to get my stitches cleaned out and he seemed quite mad at me for having a problem with his superior method of surgery. He stated it would be too painful and it needed to be done under anesthesia. ...which cost me for another surgery that Dr. Lyman caused. While under he removed my bone screw?! that was holding my ACL.   I did not ask or complain of this . When I asked why he did it he said it was healed?????   It had only been 3-4 months since installing it.     A few months later my ACL snapped with a loud pop and tremendous pain.  I was just walking on my sidewalk. I called him and wanted to have him see it.... He refused to see me. I am in horrific pain each day.. I would encourage anyone to avoid this surgeon.   I also found out afterwards his fellowship was awarded in Australia where their medical degrees are much easier to obtain and no one in the states does his type of ACL. I have seen Docs in other clinics and they all stated that this very long graft that Dr. Lyman uses has a very short shelf life as it tears slowly with knee use. He states awards on his site the he earned but it was his mentor in Australia that actually received them by Australia medical standards. Funny patients with ACL tears come to the states to get them repaired by The Stone Clinic, Kerlan Jobe, or any of the knee clinics along the coast. All of those clinics do not use Lyman's type procedure. Also no one wants another doctor's mess up. He advertises heavily...Clue ..none of the good docs need to.

Submitted October 11, 2015

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I am quite active, playing organized sports and enjoy biking, running, watersports, skiing, etc. I had been on a wait list for ACL surgery with a local (Alberta) surgeon for several months and grew impatient with the wait time. I began to look at other options and that’s when I spotted the ad for The Lyman Knee Clinic in Impact Magazine, a local publication. In my initial consultation with Dr. Lyman I found him to be very approachable and friendly. He took the time to answer all of my questions without making me feel rushed and I felt he provided honest answers and did not pressure me at all to follow through with the surgery. In selecting my surgery date, Dr. Lyman and his staff were very accommodating. Besides Dr. Lyman’s friendly, professional manner, his favourable credentials and the friendliness of his staff, another reason I chose The Lyman Knee Clinic was that the quoted fee was a one-time charge; there were no surprise costs.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

I had bi-lateral knee replacement surgery just 2 1/2 weeks ago and am walking without a cane and doing light housework without pain. Dr. Lyman and his staff are amazing! I was not sure about doing 2 knees at once, but my physical therapist said Dr. Lyman's patients recover faster than any other Dr.s they work with. He was very professional, concerned, and even called me at home after the surgery! I am a woman 66 years old and can't believe the speed of recovery! Before he was willing to do both, he had me come back to the office to review my information to be sure I was up to it. How glad I am that I did both because now I don't have to face the surgery again. I would highly recommend Dr. Lyman to anyone facing knee surgery. He is the best!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr. Lyman is an exceptional surgeon. He and his staff ware always very prompt,helpful and pleasant. I had TKR on both knees and was back to work full time in about 3 weeks. My PT's are amazed at my recovery as am I. I have already recommended Dr. Lyman to others. I am very pleased with the whole experience.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

I had knee replacement 5 months ago. It went better than I ever expected. I was ready for a painful rehab. I heard so many stories just scares you to have this surgery done. I have nothing but good to say about everyone in the office and the doctor. I recommend him to everyone who has knee problems.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Fast, effective diagnosis; surgical procedure ended in full recovery of knee function.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I had problems with my knee for nearly two years. Multiple x-rays, MRI's, arthroscopy, injections and several Doctors. Dr. Lyman was the first Doc that made it absolutely clear to me what the issue was and that TKR was the right solution. The surgery went well, Thompson Peak is a great hospital and four weeks after the surgery (with some aggressive PT) I had excellent mobility. I'm at 8 weeks now and taking brisk, one hour plus walks through the desert with the dogs. No pain. Very pleased and have felt excellent communication with Dr. Lyman throughout.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

This was my fourth surgery and fourth different doctor trying to resolve a knee issue that has lingered for 33 years. I have to say I was extremely happy with the office staff and their caring attitude. I was able to discuss my concerns with Dr. Lyman and he addressed all questions with no rush to move to the next appointment until we were through. Follow ups were just as complete. Overall results are fantastic, after 33 years of trying different doctors and therapies I am now 11+ weeks out since surgery and pain free. Dr. Lyman has given me the opportunity to volunteer with local law enforcement that I otherwise would not have been able to do. Thank you Dr. Lyman and Staff!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey R. Lyman's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Coeur D Alene, ID