Ratings for Dr. Sheryl A. Wissman

Dr. Wissman is very knowledgeable and thorough. She is very concerned about her patients and is extremely personable.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr. Wissman is extremely through and comphrensive in her patient care. She is an outstanding physican who truly cares about the entire patient- physical and emotional. Having been a critical care nurse myself since 1980, I have very rarely seen such personal and professional excellence. It does take a while to get an appointment for a physical exam but that is due to her having numerous patients that strong prefer to wait rather than see another physican. I personally know numerous health care professionals that have been her patients for 10-15 years.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr Wissman is an excellent doctor who listens to patients and thinks about what could be happening, instead of just trying to catagorize symptoms into the best fit diagnosis. She takes all the time that is needed for an appointment and still manages to stay on time. I feel very lucky to have found a doctor with these rare qualities.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

We have finally brought our relationship with this doctor to an end. After carefully gathering referrals and meeting with Dr. Wissman during my pregnancy, we selected her as our daughter's pediatrician for her first year of life. We've had a fortunate first year, with very few sicknesses and none that required seeing the doctor. That's a good thing, because Dr. Wissman is rarely available for appointments booked less than three months out. For regularly scheduled "maintenance", she is fantastic and we really liked her. Unfortunately her lack of availability and lack of knowledgeable staff have forced us to seek other care. All calls and, in my experience, all appointments booked on short notice are handled through her assistants. I have not found either of the assistants to be very knowledgeable, which left a general feeling of insecurity in their advice. WebMD often had more extensive guidance than they did!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. Wissman is wonderful! Absolutely one of the best doctors I have ever seen. I knew from my first visit that she really cares about her patients. She took a lot of time with me, sorting through a very complicated medical history, and never made me feel rushed. I've seen her 4 or 5 different times now, and still get the same care at each appointment. It does take a while to get in to see her, but it doesn't surprise me why she is so popular with her patients. Her staff is always polite and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

I like Dr. Wissman, but I don't like her staff and the unavailability of the doctor for appointments. She has several PAs on staff now that see most of the patients. The wait to see Dr. Wissman is long. The PAs don't seem to know when to refer you to the Doctor or to a specialist (family member experience). After a visit, you need to call to find out test results. Feedback is minimal and I have received misinformation from the staff regarding doctor recommended nutritional supplement and recommended daily levels. It is very hard (aggrevating and long) to go through the telephone answering system and to talk to a responsible person. It seems Dr. Wissman is minimizing her time at the office.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Sheryl A. Wissman's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

AHC