Ratings for Dr. Cris D. Barnthouse

Massive waste of time, very unprofessional doctor. I had two appointments for a knee injury. First appointment, I came in and waited for an hour in the overfilled waiting area. Finally, got called and waited in the exam room for 30 more minutes! Not good that I am waiting 1.5 hours after my scheduled time, but whatever, it happens with doctors occasionally. Doctor finally comes in, does a quick 10 minute exam with few questions, and wants to book MRI. As I finally get to ask a single question, he rushes out of the room mumbling and scheduling the MRI. He never returns, someone else comes in and tells me I'll get a call to schedule. This is the worst first impression I've ever had at a doctors office, but maybe he just wanted to get the MRI done before diving too deeply into being a doctor. Managed to get the MRI the same day. Second appointment, I probably waited 40 minutes to see him. Still a bit long, but more reasonable. The doctor come in, rapidly telling me what he thinks the issue is and that I should do some PT and get a brace. I have many questions still, but since he was talking about the brace, I simply asked about the brace. As soon as I get the question out, he rushes out of the room mumbling that he'll bring me an example of the brace. Huh? I asked one question and he's already rushed out of the room AGAIN. Sure enough, he doesn't return someone else comes in offering a brace that I can't use and I just have to leave. He probably spent 7 minutes with me. Both appointments, they kept me waiting around for a long time, rushed through the appointment they were late for, and refused to answer any questions.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Cris D. Barnthouse's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)