Ratings for Dr. Alexandru N. Nitu

This doctor has miraculously helped me with pain management with nerve blocks,I highly recommend him as he has improved my life by controlling my pain.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Where do I begin? My first and only visit I had with him was a disaster.... I have MS and RA and some back issues from a serious car wreck a few years back. I specifically asked Dr. nitu for non narcotic options as I wasn't interested in taking addictive pain medicines. He told me there was nothing that he can do for me other than to prescribe me a topical pain cream and that I SHOULD SMOKE POT because it works for pain and MS the best. While that may be true and I'm not against medical marijuana, IT IS STILL ILLEGAL IN THE STATE OF INDIANA! Not to mention, I am a mother that is ill and really not trying to go to jail, have drug charges, and/or lose my children. Very irresponsible of him. I'll say the topical pain cream was helpful in some capacity, but he wouldn't hear of any other treatments like steroid injections. Again, I was told to SMOKE WEED and he left the room!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Why oh why did I even bother going to this doctor? I spend my entire life in pain. Here I was hoping I would find a compassionate doctor who could help me regain function in my life. Instead - he accused me of not really being in pain and that it was all in my head. He also said my previous surgeries were "not good procedures" when in reality they just surpass his particular skills/abilities and he is passing judgement on procedures that are only done in NYC/LA/Major Cities. He was "in my face" and accusing me of trying to score narcotics from him. All I wanted was some help with my pain. I left the office and went to my car to cry because of the horrible treatment and accusations. Please, find a doctor that cares about your pain and your quality of life. This guy isn't it.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

This doctor has to be the WORST human being in the medical field I have ever come across. Despite several surgeries and medical documentation as thick as my **** he said that nothing was wrong with me. (Que the sheila broflovski "WHAT WHAT WHAT??") He wanted to put me on anti-depressants and other weird non-related medications. Part of the problem is the American Health Network. If your primary care doctor is part of AHN, and they think you need a "Neuro" doctor.... you might find yourself with a referral to Nitu. I didn't need a Neuro doctor. I needed a PAIN MANAGEMENT doctor, like someone who previously specialized in Anesthesia who can do a nerve block or injection. This guy, like others have said, is VERY aggressive and flat out a LIAR. Save yourself the copay and your sanity. take your referral and go outside AHN and find a real doctor. Seriously. Not to mention the actual doctors office/facility seemed rather dump-ish for being in Indy....

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

PLEASE consider the 1 star reviews before seeing this doctor. He is extremely aggressive, and will write a bunch of bull**** about you in the medical report once you walk out of the door. If you are in pain, you are a liar. Period. He will not prescribe you medication, because, you are a liar. What ever symptoms you are experiencing, you will be found to be "exaggerating". This guy is a quack....................... he will take up a full hour of your time and make you feel like an ******* for being in pain. Nope, never went back.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Wonderful doctor! I don't have enough words to express my gratitude. Thank you, Dr. Nitu. He is very knowledgeable and extremely kind. And he has a sense of humor that helps you exactly when you need it.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Alexander Nitu is brilliant! I have been to other physicians and neurologists which turned out to be a waste of time and money. Dr. Nitu is the first one to be able to associate a name to my problem. After describing the exact location of my pain, he knew immediately what he could do for me. He was friendly and polite. When I felt the need to express my concerns he listened most attentively. Very few doctors take the time needed to listen to their patients as he did, and then explain in such great detail what his findings were along with recommended options. He answered all of my questions in such detail. This was my first visit with him. He's brilliant!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Nitu is probably the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever known. I do not know of another doctor that will spend over half an hour with his patients. He listens to each of his patients, he is very concerned financially for his patients, some doctors don't care! As for me & my family, he is the only one I want, if I need a spinal injection, there is no other!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

I was refered by a doctor to see Dr.Nitu. I had to wait an unusually long time but he took his time with me and took time to know and examine me thoroughly. I was able to bring an MRI disc and he was able to give me an injection of steroid for my 2 herniated disc in my neck, of course there was some pain and pressure but after that day I've had no pain or problems. I was very scared and he sat me down after the procedure to listen to me and told me what my aftercare instructions were. I would definately recommend him. His nurse was very kind and patient also.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

This dr. gave me so much anxiety EVERY time that I went to him. He is rude and doesn't listen to you. He thinks u lie to him when you try to EXPLAIN what is going on. I have had 2 back surgeries and am in a lot of pain. He will NOT help you!!!!!

Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr. Alexandru N. Nitu's Credentials

• Inst De Med Si Farm, Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania (Grad. 1993)