Ratings for Dr. Ronald W. Lippe

I had total knee replacements of both knees done by "Dr." Lippe. I was in constant pain and my walking pattern was awful. Dr. Lippe offered no answers and truthfully, didn't seemed concerned...told me "that's medicine". I saw a doctor at another practice who had to do a revision of both knees. My operative report shows the original replacements were put in wrong. Dr. Lippe is more concerned about the quantity of knees he does as opposed to the quality of his work. I can not recommend this surgeon to anyone...not even my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Lippe to answer your medical needs. His approach to meeting me as a patient for the first time was dismissive and largely unhelpful. I waited almost an hour for an appointment lasting three minutes. If I am not a surgery candidate what are the options? What change could happen that would make me a candidate? He seemed too much in a hurry to get to his next patient to explain my condition or situation in a useful manner. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I have had to wait for him for an hour the first time and 30 mins the second. It is true that he comes in and meets with you for a few minutes, but come on, if you need more than that, go find Dr. Phil. He is smart, doesn't sugarcoat anything. He is funny, answers your questions and yes, he doesn't coddle you....if you need that, call your mother. Dr. Lippe is a great doctor and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Better to get your help off the internet then this crack pot

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

My 4 year old nephew broke his shin bone in a bicycle accident. We were refered to Dr. Lippe by ER doctor for a follow up. When Dr. Lippe came into the room his exam consisted of asking my nephew to wiggle his toes ( my nephew did but he has been able to do this since the accident). The doctor then simply stated it should heal in 4 weeks and to schedule a date at check out desk to get cast off. No other questions were asked by the doctor such as my nephews pain level, etc. The doctor started to exit the room. when I stopped him to ask if he knew of a wheelchair rental place as my nephew, again only 4 years old, was having difficulty using the crutches provided by the ER and was having major pain and swelling in his leg when not elevated. He seemed very inconvenienced by our request and ststed his leg does not need to be elevated but did give us a script to obtain a wheelchair. He did not provide info on where to get one. Overall he was "nice" but seemed to busy to truly care about the patient and their concerns or level of comfort.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I have nothing but positive comments about Dr. Lippee. Since my total hip replacement I have been almost pain free. It is rare that I have had to wait long in the waiting room but I usually arrive well before my appointment time. Yes, I have had a lot of questions and he has taken time to comp,etely and knowledgebly answer them. This surgery was contemplated for a long time, and I had seen other doctors as well but when I met Dr. Lippee I knew he was going to help me. I have not been disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Previous comments about him being an assembly line surgeon are correct. My minor arthroscopy turned into 4 months of severe pain; worse than pre-surgery. Expect to wait at least an hour in waiting room, even for early morning appt. Then another 20 minutes in exam room. His examination will be 90 seconds to 3 minutes, no more. After multiple surgeries I knew what to expect and have high pain tolerance. When I expressed concern for the continued high level of pain (3 months later) he responded that I was too impatient. Finally gave me a cortisone shot after 4 months and when I expressed that it felt "a little better" he told me that I was done and no longer needed to see him. Wish this would have been better experience as I think he's actually an interesting guy but I was looking for surgical success and didn't find it at all. Last thing he told me was that I'd be back in 10 years for a total knee repl. Not to him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2011

Wish all doctors were this down to earth. Very pleasant and highly skilled. His practice is very busy so I am patient if he runs late because I know he was helping someone that needed help.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

This doctor did a TKR on me...a year later I was still in terrible pain, unable to sleep because of the pain and needed a cane to keep from falling. He offered to do more surgery but wasn't able to give me a reasonable answer as to how more surgery would alleviate my pain. He looks good on paper, gives off a very confident and superior aire but he hardly measures up. This could be because of his limited knowledge and skills or because he does a ton of surgeries so he's always in a rush and can't be bothered giving time and attention to his post-op patients. Stay far, far away from this guy...he's more like an orthopedic assembly worker than an orthopedic doctor. I am now seeing another orthopedic doctor, at a different practice, and am getting the care, concern and help I need and deserve.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

comes in for about 45 seconds, tells you everything ok and out the door, too bad if you have questions, because he will not stay long enough to listen

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Dr. Ronald W. Lippe's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1984)