Dr. Leland Gilmore

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Leland Gilmore

I have been seeing this doctor for 5 years but today was the end of the line. His staff has has progressively deteriorated and he is a rude man, period, and acts very officious. I initially came to him for a diabetic exam as my physician recommended it. The yearly diabetic exams have gone fine since then except that this doctor wanted me to come every 2-3 months to follow up one thing or the other that he had discovered. First it was nails, then it was the skin and the latest problem is neoropathy which he discovered a year ago. He recommended a medication that my previous insurance company covered. The new insurance company this year refused to pay on the grounds that this was an emergency medicine for a week or two, not for continual application. The Insurance company invited an appeal but required the doctor's letter to accompany my appeal. The insurance company sent a copy of the insurance letter to the doctor. When I did not hear from the doctor for 4 weeks I personally hand delivered the letter to his office. I was told he would look at it ASAP. Today on my scheduled appointment for a follow-up on the alleged neuropathy he was totally unaware that his prescribed medicine had been rejected and a letter was required of him alongwith my appeal. When I told him about the rejection and about the required letter from him, he acted as if he knew what I was talking about but it was obvious he was unaware. Then he states that such letters require an additional fee and as a favor to me he will waive it and prepare it in a week or so. His staff will let me know when to come and pick it up. He could have done this before instead of sitting on it for over a month. Meanwhile I have no medication. He has never sent any records of my exams to my personal physician in spite of my repeated requests. I have taken his rudeness all this time because I have assumed the proverbial 'rude but good doctor' but today was just too much. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

I been a patient of Dr Leland Gilmore's since 1991 and have referred family members and associates to him. I will continue to keep him as my Podiatrist as long as he stays in practice. He is a very caring, compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable doctor/person. He is very straight forward about everything and never hold anything back. I Love You Dr Gilmore and I'll see you in a few weeks.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

A very caring and understanding doctor. He really cares for his patients and staff.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Very gentle, very helpful, he talks to you and tells you everything he is doing and gonna do next. He is very caring and knowledgeable. I love Dr. Gilmore!!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Great Doctor and every helpful with my special condition

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. Leland Gilmore's Credentials

• Spanish

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1989)