Ratings for Dr. Raju Mantena

Actually my experience was with Donna Trimarco, while the managed my pain with professionalism and care for over 5 years, I was told that I needed to give a urine sample to ensure that I was not taking any medication or "recreational drug". As it is my opinion that the DEA ,has become the Big Brother of the medical community, not allowing patient's who suffer either from occasional pain or chronic pain, to receive the medical care they need from Legitimate opioid prescriptions, Ms. Trimarco called me and a week after the practice had given me my usual prescriptions. She said that Adderal had been detected, actually she said an amphetamine had been detected. I had been telling both the front desk and the staff that took the urine sample of my concern as I didn't want to have a positive test ,when in fact my psychiatrist prescribes both a Adderal and Valium. Ironically I need the Adderal for ADD, and have such a tenacious or hard to manage Bi-polar mood disorder that the only medication that actually succeeds is Valium . After 5 years of absolutely no problems with testing positive for any recreational drug, or medication that would be a cause of concern, Ms Trimarco said the practice could no longer treat me. While I understand the need for monitoring patients, I hope this will help anyone who needs to inform thier practice of medication they are being prescribed by other doctors. Besides this one incident, I did find the fact that the practise was not more proactive in helping me findustrial anot actual cure for my pain. Instead they seemed quite content to simply write me huge amounts of extremely high doses of medication. The office staff takes a bit of getting used to, once they know you they are as accommodating as they can be. Use this practice, but take my experience and learn from it. Keep the faith, pain relief will be found! !!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Dr. Raju Mantena is the worst doctor i have ever come across. He was in no way professionalism and his condascending rude attitude was utterly dispicable. He didn't take anything I said seriously and had the audacity to laugh in my face about the problem. He really didn't care about the situation that was presented to him. Don't ever go to NORTH SHORE LIJ PAIN MANAGEMENT, or anywhere else this phony of a doctor Dr. RAJU MANTENA works.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I RATED THE STAFF A 2 BECAUSE OF ONE PERSON. HER NAME IS SHIRLEY. I SPOKE WITH HER TWICE ON THE PHONE AND BOTH TIMES SHE WAS EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I AM A NEW PT THERE AND WAS SURPRISED BY THE WAY I WAS TREATED. EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PRACTICE SEEMED TO BE VERY POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL INCLUDING THE DOCTOR. WHEN I WENT TO THE OFFICE FOR A FOLLOW UP, I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANANGER AND THE WOMEN AT THE FRONT DESK TURNED,POINTED AND SAID SHIRLEY WAS. SHIRLEY REPLIED VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND ASKED IF THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT I NEEDED. AT THAT POINT I LEFT. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE A COMPLAINT TO THE MANAGER IF THE MANAGER IS THE ONE WHO IS A PROBLEM. HOPEFULLY THIS WONT CONTINUE TO BE A PROBLEM SO THAT I HAVE TO SWITCH DOCTORS.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013