Ratings for Dr. Maria G. BRIGGS

Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston (top type 1 care in the country) recommends an A1c of 6.5% for pregnancy in type 1 diabetes patients. I worked diligently and got my A1c down to 6.9 and held it there for a year. At 9 weeks pregnant, I suffered a miscarriage due to fetus chromosomal issues. I met Dr Briggs when she peformed my D&C. Dr Shaneyfelt, diabetes specialist in the same office, stressed the m/c was un-related to my diabetes. The fetus was sent for testing and confirmed this. At my 2 week follow up exam with Dr Briggs, she made me feel ashamed for my near perfect A1c, suggesting I get it closer to 4-6.0% (that of a "normal" person). With my 2nd pregnancy, at 11 weeks, Dr Briggs performed an ultrasound, again stressed I need to lower my A1c "at the risk of having another m/c like last time." 3 other doctors confirmed my m/c was un-related to diabetes. Dr Briggs was very condescending on 3 separate occasions. She doesn't listen to her patients and knows little about type 1 diab.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Maria G. BRIGGS's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)