Ratings for Dr. Cara R. Hartfield

The reason I am leaving one star is because of an event that personified to me that the owner truly does not care about her clients. She instead of seeing us as patients, views us as nothing but money. I say this because I was going here for a little over a year and had done extensive research before choosing my therapist in question because I felt she truly encapsulated all the qualities I needed in a therapist. The staff was nothing but friendly and over a course of a year I began to view this place as a safe spot, somewhere that made me feel at home and (I thought) was there to truly help me. Instead, when I went into my appointment today, at the very end I was informed that my therapist had been abruptly fired and her last day was Friday. Keep in mind, this was over a small thing, this was NOT anything to immediately fire someone and end service to multiple people who had come to rely on her. I can say this truly, the owner is an irresponsible person who does not care that she has ended service to multiple people at the drop of a dime. I can not even begin to think of how selfish as a person, nay, a healthcare provider you must be to do this. Anyone who has ever done therapy knows (especially someone as "esteemed" as her) that it doesn't just happen over night. Therapy takes months, at the least, to begin to make a change. Her advise was literally "refer them to two other therapists" as if I can just pick up a years worth of therapy and take it with me. No, thanks to her I will have to start my journey all over again. If I could, I would give this place ZERO stars. I have no respect for those who go into therapy and psychology to capitalize off of us who need help. Long story short, find a place that actually cares about their clients not just how much money they can make.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

My daughter saw Dr. Harfield in 2013. We were not aware that we owed them any money until we were notified by a collection agency yesterday. Granted we had moved but they had my phone number. When I called to request the statements, the Office Manager was very rude and not helpful at all. We have resolved the payment issue but I would advise anyone using her to make sure they are filing on your insurance on a timely basis.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

This was my court-appointed psychologist to determine the validity of a crime I was alleged to commit. After meeting with her and explaining the facts, she made a decision contrary to my testimony and after hearing others' reviews I believe she is a puppet of the courts, not a true psychologist.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I felt Dr Hartfield had some insights into my anxiety and depression, and she helped me to a degree. But the plan she made for me at the beginning of my therapy went to the wayside and there seemed to be no end to sessions in sight. She lost her temper during a session and said I had not been doing some of the things she suggested (that I'd already told her I could not do) and wanted to know why I couldn't handle things others could. Well, that's why I was there. I thought it was unprofessional. Sometimes I felt she just tuned me out. I always waited at least 10 to 15 minutes for appointments to begin. All her appointments were booked far in advance, so of emergencies came up I could not get in. When waiting I could hear the receptionist talking to others who needed to get in and he'd say she was booked. Another person said she focused on self-reliance and I think that's true because her availability was minimal. I felt greater improvements should have been made.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Dr. Hartfield is very compassionate and knowledgable. She acknowledges and validates everything I say but will not encourage negative thinking or behavior. She is respectful and patient with me while also keeping therapeutic goals in mind so I never get stuck in one place. She has so much insight into when and how to say things to help me progress toward healing. She is extremely supportive and available when needed but encourages self-reliance. In the end, her therapy promotes healing and recovery, not reliance on therapy forever.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

She's excellent. Very knowledgeable and empathic. I never feel judged. We are continually moving me in more productive directions and she allows me to be a full partner in my treatment. Sessions give me relief from anxiety and depression. I highly recommend Dr. Cara Hartfield.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013