Ratings for Dr. Frank E. Waechter

I was pretty much forced to see this doctor as my first choice (Dr Booth) was ln longer accepting new patients. Given that this is my only alternative in town I had no choice but to see Dr. Waechter as my OB during my pregnancy. Had my first visit and already I feel that l have made a huge mistake. He does not take time to listen to my questions, however he has already made it clear that he feels he is in control of my choices and or medical interventions. He completely ignored any plans I have for my delivery. I will do anything and everything in my power to avoid having him delivery my baby. It's scary enough to not have control over how your body works through labor to on top of that feel like you've got no control over the choices and medical interventions that are made DURING the delivery without taking the mother's wishes into consideration.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

During my first pregnancy I used Dr. Waechter. While his nursing staff were always nice, Dr. Waechter himself was rude, and he never explained to me what was going on in my pregnancy. During my first visit Dr. Waechter told me that if I had any questions I should tell the nurse before I saw him so that she could write them down for him to answer at his convenience. Unfortunately my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I am now pregnant again, and my new doctor informed me that I have B Negative blood. In the event of a miscarriage, birth, or abortion women with Negative blood type need to get a certain shot to insure that their bodies don't produce antibodies that may harm future pregnancies by causing birth defects or even death. Dr. Waechter did not even care to inform me about my blood type. It hurts to know that someone could have such a serious occupation and not care about his patients. I will not use Dr. Waechter again, nor will I recommend anyone to him.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Frank E. Waechter's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal