Ratings for Dr. Alla Gorenbeyn

Horrible! Do not go here! Nice office and gentle cleanings. I’ll give her that. I reluctantly agreed to let her put a crown on a tooth that had an old silver filling. Tooth wasn’t giving me any problem but she recommended it to avoid a root canal in the future. This was such a money grab. I should have known better. Crown was a nightmare. Temporary crown didn’t line up, so I had difficulty eating for 2 ½ weeks. She had a very hard time getting the new crown into place. After that, I could eat anything hard, hot or cold. Woke up in the middle of the night with toothaches. She recommended a root canal. Root canal was painful. I felt pain intermittently throughout it. Toothaches are gone after root canal, but after two weeks I still can’t eat ANYTHING on that side of my mouth. Before starting the procedure, she told me 20% of root canals need repeating. I’m afraid to go back. My dental insurance is maxed out, so everything is out of pocket now. I’ve been in pain all summer and spent a fortune on a tooth that wasn’t bothering me in the first place! I posted about it on my FB. Surprise, surprise. Others with the same problem with Dr. Gorenbeyn. I think she is money hungry and also question her competency as a doctor. Do yourself a favor and keep researching other doctors. I will be. I’m trying to hold out until January 1 until my insurance kick in again. Hard lesson learned.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014