Ratings for Dr. Stanton C. Honig

I made the mistake of choosing Dr. Honig as my urologist. I had an MRI over a week ago, after spending a week in the hospital, I have yet to be contacted by Dr. Honig regarding the results. I wish I read these reviews sooner I would have never chosen this Doctor. First, going to UConn for any procedure is an absolute nightmare, parking is ridiculous, there was no one at the desk when I arrived in the main building to tell me where to go for my MRI. Finally, when I found the radiology dept, after wandering around because there are no signs anywhere to guide you, the only helpful and pleasant person there was Keith. I went in for my MRI and asked for my sedative that I was told would be taken care of my Nurse Karen in Dr. Honig's office, no one knew anything about a sedative. Going to UConn for this MRI was a horrible and exhausting experience, parking, finding the MRI location, as well as no privacy when a nurse in radiology insisted on asking me my health history for her questionnaire in an open office so everyone waiting could hear my personal information, have they not heard of HIPPA? I have since found a new urologist with Hartford Hospital. I went for a procedure there and they are EXCELLENT, very well organized, the support staff is very helpful and pleasant and they don't talk to you out in the open about your health history, they have a private office for that. UConn hospital should be privatized and follow Hartford Hospital's example in treating people, I was never so impressed with a hospital and the way it is run, such a huge difference! I keep calling Dr. Honig's office for my MRI results but have yet to get a response, this is poor. The way I was treated by this doctor and his support staff is just unacceptable! It's like they just don't care, maybe if they were privatized they would!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

All residents of Dr Honigs realizes the fact that he has dangerous hand tremors while performing surgery, along with the fact that he's getting too old to perform surgery in a safe way. Ask any resident this, and they will acknowledge it outside of his office. WHY they won't inform UCONN urology about this dangerous problem is beyond me! Patients of Dr. Honigs should at the very least be given the common courtesy of informing them about this. It could prevent them from making the terrible mistake of trusting a doctor who is no longer capable of practicing surgery SAFELY. If any patients of his is thinking of having surgery performed by him, please think again. It could endanger your well-being.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Gives quick, oversimplified explanations. Answers to questions are very glib. Seems like the stereotypical "get you in and out as fast as possible" type of doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

I would not recommend this physician due to the fact that he is in no way qualified to deal with a patient who is in dire need of immediate health care. His prompt response, which can be narrowed to within 20 min to 20 days, in regards to extreme pain. His practice of administering pain medication before surgery consists of Tylenol #3. And finally when in desperate need of emergency care his only question is "what would like me to do about it?". If this is how a medical professional is going to act I would rather suffer through whatever is ailing me then to ever go through the amount of pain I have endured for what was supposed to be a "simple" procedure.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2010

Dr. Stanton C. Honig's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Haven, CT