Ratings for Dr. David M. OTT

Excellent surgeon, good recovery time, and an almost invisible scar. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Ott & his assistant Chris Rubio replaced my hip the end of May. Within two weeks I was back to my morning walks of 5-7 miles. He is very thorough and personable. The orthho hospital (which he had a heavyhand in developing) is excellent in care. Dr. Ott has done my last two joint replacements and I truly wish I had gone to him for the other 3 replacements I have needed. Do yourself a favor and if your insurance is accepted by the office look no further! You won't regret it. Thank you Dr. Ott, Chris, Rubio, Office staff and Oasis hospital. You have improved my quality of life once again. I am eternally grateful for your outstanding care. I have worked health care for 43 years of my life and absolutely encourage you to seek Dr. Ott's assistance if you need it.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Ott was personable and patient, he spent as much time with me as I need to answer all of my questions and explain the surgery to me. My knee replacement surgery went exceptionally well. I was able to resume golfing one month post surgery and pickleball two months post surgery. I will highly recommend Dr. Ott to anyone I know who needs an orthopedic surgeon. Thank you Dr. Ott.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This was the second surgery on my knee. The first being 1975. So, I knew what I was getting into with the surgery. It was not a surprise. I knew the commitment to physical therapy determines the outcome of the surgery. But, you have to start with the best surgeon. I went to three orthopedic physicians, and had numerous injections, and years of physical therapy to hold off getting a total knee replacement. But, it got to the point where my daily function was deteriorating. Knowing that a doctor who treats me with respect was my first check point. My criteria was "if I can sit down with the doctor and look at the x-rays or MRIs together, then he is the guy I want". Dt. Ott did that. He told me exactly what to expect as an outcome. It's been one year since my total right knee replacement. For the first time in years, I can go up and down stairs without hesitation. I went on a hike and felt joy without pain. Will it be a hard surgery? You bet. But, if you have the best orthopedic surgeon, that's more than half the battle. His assistant is wonderful and made the most beautiful scar. This surgery has given me freedom to have fun again. Sending my husband next.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I am so grateful that 8 years ago my PC doctor referred me to Dr. Ott. He replaced my left hip then and, 7 weeks ago, replaced my right hip. Both were done using the anterior approach. My recovery times as amazing. At 7 weeks post-op, it's business as usual. No restrictions, minimal pain. My sister had her hip replaced using the posterior approach and she had so much pain and weeks of physical therapy. Please do yourself a favor and see Dr. Ott if you need surgery. I can't recommend him highly enough!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I am 17 days post-op from my anterior approach left hip replacement. Amazed at how fast my recovery is progressing. I am so glad I waited and found a doctor that has extensive experience in the anterior approach. My mother had the posterior approach years ago, and I wish it had been an option for her back then. I need a replacement on my other hip and a knee. Dr. Ott is my guy! If you see a doc that says you are not a candidate for the anterior approach, do yourself a favor, see Dr. Ott.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

In Jan 2017 I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Ott and staff. OrthoArizona office on N. Cofoc Center Court has an outstanding office staff. Chris, Dr. Ott's PA is great as he is knowledgeable and he took the time to answer all my questions. My surgery results show Dr Ott knows his stuff and he also took the time to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

My experience with Dr Ott and Chris Rubio combined the professionalism expected with the highest level of patient compassion. I never felt like they were in a rush to complete my visit while patiently answering every question I had. A knee replacement is a major surgery and to have the confidence in the doctors experience as well as the sincere patience they had during office visits is excellent.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I can't say enough about the positive experience I had with Dr. Ott and his staff. I recently had hip replacement with him and I was very anxious about the procedure. Here I am on the other side of it all and I am healing and looking forward to my improved life. Please, if you are scared, don't let that stop you from getting the care you need. I pushed through it with the compassionate support of Dr. Ott and his staff. You can too and please do because the end results are worth it. I have complete confidence in Dr. Ott and his care. He is always working in the context of the patient's best interest. My experience with Oasis Hospital was great! The care there is impressive.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Great doctor, I had a total replacement of both knees at the same time. Surgery and recovery went without any problems. Thank you Dr. Ott

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. David M. OTT's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Harvard-Pilgrim