Ratings for Dr. Philip W. Girling

not a bright guy and not helpful let me with hung bill and wont settle for any thing but full payment! a jerk

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Very caring. Was not condescending or arrogant to me at all. Meredith is great too.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Do not under any circumstances use this Dr. Not many choices but wow is this guy incompetent.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

My first couple of visits with Dr. Girling seemed fine, uneventful, and pretty professional. If I were to rate him from my first visit, he would have received a good rating. The thing is, I saw Dr. Girling for nearly three years and the longer I saw him, the more unbearable he became. I have never in my entire life met a physician that would so freely mock me, talk down to me, and continuously make one biting remark after another. I actually consider this man to be highly toxic, especially in the area of mental health. It was a good thing that I had an amazing counselor that I saw weekly. But when I think back at just how many cruel, unnecessary remarks from Dr. Girling that I had to work through in counseling, while trying to make progress in other areas, it really hits me as to how much of a hindrance Girling was to my care. I would recommend leaving a rating on him, only after you have seen him for over a year and more than 6 times. Then you can really see if he is putting a facade on at the beginning or not. Dr. Girling has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen anywhere. I am so glad to be away from there, but I feel bad for anyone else with mental issues that gets caught in his "care".

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I'm so grateful to his expertise and his kind yet direct attention. He offered me the most appropriate diagnosis and immediate treatment response I have had in 20 years of searching. This is a small town with limited choices for psychiatry and I count us all very fortunate to have his skills as well as his apparent superior knowledge and at hand. Side note... I read some negative reviews and questioned their validity due to the language, i.e., nagging/complaining nature of the voice within the words so I went ahead and scheduled anyway. I found him to be just what he is, a doctor with a wealth of knowledge, a sincere desire to help his patient and a fun albeit dry (my favorite kind) sense of humour. I want his direction AND know he isn't a miracle worker and I am responsible for following his directions. He didn't create my ills and thank goodness mine are treatable, we have the resources here to treat my condition and thank God I have the willingness to do what is suggested. Dr Girling doesn't sprinkle pixie dust. I haven't put the personality contest as t but seek him as a skilled physician. Dang, he's good at his job. I look forward to my appointments with him. I always leave his office feeling cared for and with a smile on my face in spite of the difficult things I am dealing with.

Submitted November 24, 2014

I have been taking my daughter for over a year now. I am looking for someone else. I dread going to appointment with my daughter and feel much of his responses are condensending and rude. He looks down to many types of people in the community. Not flexible in sceduling, and will not call you back directly if there is a conflict going on. He also has a high office staff turn over, which alone says something. I do not reccomend!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

This guy is likely the most arrogant, self centered 'call me Dr.' Type I have ever encountered. Highly do NOT recommend, unless you like being talked down to.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Dr. Girling perfectly matches my style. He is friendly and funny, but also very detail oriented and considers all aspects and sides of your situation without shying away from reality. If you are looking for someone who has a sweet demeanor and bedside manner, this is probably not the guy for you, but if you want fantastic care, he provides it. He was very caring, and adapted his schedule to meet mine, even coming in on an off day because I needed it. He answers calls and concerns very quickly.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

Dr. Girling has administered my meds for 7 years now and has improved my quality of life. He seems to know his drugs very well and is up on the latest research. I referred a friend who said she is quite satisfied. I was pleased he did no let her down.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Dr. Gihrling has provided services to two of our children who both had ADD and ASD for years (now 13 years plus). He has occasionally provided assistance to us as parents. He applies a scientific approach always with a reference to why he goes with what method, what to expect, and when to be back as he dials in meds to the correct method for the individual. Then he monitors. This is what we needed. Science. Assistance. Solutions which enable peaceful, joyful, living. I recommend without reservation. I could see anyone (and we've seen others). But when I have choices, I bring myself and my children to Dr. Gihrling.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr. Philip W. Girling's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1996)

Workers Comp