Dr. John J. Brannan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John J. Brannan

I had two appointments (2018 & 2019) with Dr. John Brannan to address a spinal injury, after being referred to him by two other doctors in his practice, Beacon Orthopaedics. During the first visit he offered the treatment of steroid spinal injections. He was incredibly short with me, and did not take any time to discuss the daily difficulties I was having. Additionally, he did not offer me any prescription medications to help treat my pain or any other symptoms of my injury. I decided against the steroid injections, and made another appointment to discuss other options. During the second visit he spent a total of three minutes with me. He offered me the steroids again, which I had already declined (the reason for my visit), told me my injury was not severe enough for surgery (which I had already been told by multiple other doctors) but offered for me to speak to a spinal surgeon, and then told me to call in a month if I was still having pain. Dr. John Brannan does not care about my pain, my inability to perform the necessary physical labor in my daily life, my desire to manage my pain, or my desire to seek out other options for pain management. Dr. John Brannan treated my pain as inconsequential and unimportant. He did not offer me any viable alternative solutions, nor did he spend any time with me to solve my problem. Two other doctors at Beacon sent me to Dr. Brannan for pain management. Dr. Brannan in no way helped me to manage my pain nor treat my pain or symptoms. Dr. Brannan failed to attempt to successfully manage my pain. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

Injections are the way to go! I was so afraid that surgery was my only route of treatment but Dr. Brannan offered a great alternative!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I was very pleased with Dr. Brannan. He did three injections on my back because I am getting up in years and thought spine surgery sounded pretty daunting. So far I feel great!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Two spine injections and I am able to stand, walk without pain. This has been amazing and I only wish I would have done it three years ago when the pain started!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I saw Dr. Brannan about eight months ago trying to avoid spine surgery (too many friends with horror stories about surgery). He did a stem cell injection in my lower lumbar region to support a degenerating disc and I have to say I haven't felt so good in probably fifteen years!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Outstanding doctor. I was told by someone at a different hospital that I would have to have a lumbar fusion. I really didn't want a rod cementing my vertebrae together, so I asked Dr. Brannan what we could do without surgery. He recommended an injection, and after two treatments of PRP injections I am feeling so much better!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

One if not the leading doctor for regenerating medicine instead of surgery. I would choose Dr. Brannan over a surgeon again if I ever needed to.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I think he is efficient and to the point. He doesn't really goof around, he just kind of diagnosis the problem and makes recommendations for treatment. I am really happy that I saw him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

No complaints at all. Dr. Brannan is the creme de la creme of physicians in my opinion. He did a great thing fixing my back non surgically. I cannot thank him or his wonderful team enough!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Absolutely top notch and hands down the way to go. Surgery is so antiquated and Dr. Brannan is proof that it should be.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. John J. Brannan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)