Ratings for Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev

Danielle Aylmer I have been seeing Dr. Gelfond for 5 years now, I was referred to her after having visions issues, she accuaretly diagnosed me and placed me in vision therapy which did wonders for my eyes. Dr. Gelfond is a compassionate doctor who hears all of my concerns, she knows how particular I am with my vision and she takes the time to make sure I am happy. Any issues I had she always found a way to squeeze me into her schedule. I trust no one else with my eyes, She goes above & beyond for her patients

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

She has been my family eye doctor for the past decade. Dr Gelfond-Polnariev is amazing-- caring, competent, & thorough. She's opening a new location on the South Shore -- by Richmond Av & Hylan in the summer. Can't wait to take my kids to her new place.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

amazing doctor! I've been going to her for over a decade now & there's nobody that I trust more than her & her expertise regrading vision. I take both of my kids to see her. She's knowledgeable, ethical, and effective!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Excellent!!! Was referred to her because of potential vision therapy needs of my son. She gave a comprehensive exam and has been following him since. Would not go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Doctor had a very positive and helpful attitude. She interacted very nicely with my son (8 y.old), aking him questions and explaining things in the way he was able to understand and relate to.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Amazing doctor with a wealth of knowledge; she treated me & my kids better than any other optometrist has ever! I recommend her to her to any families to make sure their vision is a good as it can be...

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

For over 15 years, I have been treating patients and promoting comprehensive eye exams. My passion is in vision therapy and head trauma rehabilitation for both children and adults. I am a Developmental Optometrist, Board Certified by the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (FCOVD). I continue to publish and present to various local organizations on the importance of vision and learning. Most recently I published a Children's Book: ABC's of How you and I See. After graduating from Pennsylvania College of Optometry (Salus University) and completing a residency in Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation, I continue to maintain a faculty position at SUNY College of Optometry. Proudly, I was the first recipient of the distinguished Dr. Martin Birnbaum Memorial Award for outstanding knowledge and skill in Behavioural Optometry. Recently, I was a recipient of the 2015 New York State Young Optometrist of the Year award for my commitment to the visual welfare of children in the community. Emphasis in: Optometric visual therapy and rehabilitation for children and adults; Myopia control for children; Neuro-optometric rehabilitation; Post concussion visual disturbance

• Russian

• Salus University (Pennsylvania College of Optometry) * (Grad. 2002)

• Poor color vision
  • Lazy eye (amblyopia)
  • Dry eyes
  • Eye exam
  • Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
  • Subconjunctival hemorrhage (broken blood vessel in eye)
  • Eyestrain