Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Pliskin

Dr. Pliskin is the BEST! I was referred to him by my doctor for bunion surgery. I had a large, painful, bump on my foot that Dr. Pliskin was able to remove. He is caring, smart, and explained everything he was going to do before he did it- and he has a great sense of humor! Before Dr. Pliskin, I was unable to run. Now I am training for my second marathon! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Pliskin!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Caring Compassionate and extremely intelligent. I had fungus lazer treatment by another doctor in town that failed. Dr. Pliskin gave me all of the honest answers and treatment options. I trust Dr. Pliskin and appreciate all of his help.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I had two bunion surgeries done by Dr. Pliskin. One in 2013 for the left foot and one in 2014 for the right foot. Pretty early on after each surgery I could see that there was still a protrusion and something was not right and I mentioned this in my follow up visits with Dr. Pliskin. I followed all of his instructions, including when I could bare weight, extra wide New Balance Sneakers that cost $150.00, Physical Therapy, etc. He kept blaming the protrusions on swelling. As time passed the bunions became more pronounced. Dr. Pliskin admitted that he could have done another procedure (the correct procedure), but there would be more risks and down time. I was off my feet for two months with the procedure he did. I have since spoken to two other Podiatrists and I was told the wrong procedure was done to correct the bunions and that the recuperation period would be about 2 months! The same time as when Dr. Pliskin did the surgery. The right foot which was operated on most recently has a large bunion on it again and I am encountering pain again. The left one also has a bunion on it, but not as pronounced. I have to have surgery on both feet again. I would not go back or recommend Dr. Pliskin for surgery. It seems he took the easy way out to "correct" my problem. His staff was abrupt and overall my experience was not a very good one.

Submitted September 29, 2015

After seeing multiple other podiatrists and orthopedists, I was referred to Dr. Pliskin because he is the chief of podiatry at North Shore Universiry Hospital. Thank god I listened to my internist who referred me to Dr. Pliskin. I was scheduled to have unnecessary surgery. Dr. Pliskin patiently explained my condition and recommended a brace that was covered by my insurance company. He also recommended custom made orthotic devices and explained that they were expensive. He did not try to convince me to buy them and I felt no pressure. The brace helped so much and at my second visit I also bought the inserts. I am in no pain and so thankful that he was honest and nice.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. Pliskin is the best doctor I have ever been too. He saved my foot. If it wasn't for doctor Pliskin performing excellent surgery and removing one of my toes, I wouldn't be walking anymore. He was caring compassionate and intelligent.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

after three other doctors couldn't help my son with a simple ingrown toenail. All were in a hurry to perform surgery. that would have been three weeks of his feet, during school.I was recommended to Dr Pliskin. one visit cleaned him up a little, on the second visit, the problem was easily cut out and cleaned up in the office. walking the same day. one week in a band aid. .Dr.Pliskin was straightforward about the process, took the time to explain everything, and was very personable with both myself and my son, asking about sports, school and his activities. I've since recommended Dr Pliskin to many. and all were very happy.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Pliskin misdiagnosed my foot as broken and in a very bad place, informing me that I would need a cast and crutches. I went to a orthopedist, it wasn't broken at all just badly bruised.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Pliskin seemed to be in a hurry. What bothered me the most was that he took a phone call in the middle of my examination. No "excuse me", he just took the call and walked out. He did not seem especially interested in my problem. His answers were vague except for recommending orthopedics at a very high cost. I never had the feeling of him wanting to alleviate the pain, just a bunch of empty suggestions.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Dr. Pliskin is the nicest doctor. He treated my son who is terribly afraid of all doctors. Dr. Pliskin acted in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. My son loved Dr. Pliskin and found him to be funny and nice. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Pliskin for my self. He recently performed my bunion surgery. I had the painful bunion for many years and in less then 4 weeks all of the pain is gone. I trust Dr. Pliskin and would refer all of my family and friends to his office.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Dr. Michael A. Pliskin's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY