Ratings for Dr. Alan P. Altman

Very personable, easy to talk to and thorough. Seemed like he really cared about me.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

After expressing issues and physical condition after childbirth, he actually made inappropriate jokes and dismissed my concerns. I was devastated. This practice associates in OBGYN are unprofessional and cold. One of the nurses basically called me a **** after I tested positive for HPV. The staff is terribly rude and I dreaded each visit. They are even rude on the phone. I wish I had never gone there. Choose a different doctor and practice altogether or you will be sorry.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I have been seeing Dr.Altman for years and have always found him gentle and kind. My most recent visit was terrible, however. The CNA was curt and spoke to me in very much the same way I used to see medical personnel speak to patients and their families when I worked in Medicine: an I'm-better-than-you-and-just-tolerating-you-because-I-must attitude. Dr. Altman's manner was unprofessional as well. While in his office, he made minimal eye contact and seemed to not know why I was even there until I told him (even though it was all spelled out on my intake paperwork). Almost every health complaint that I presented with he pigeon-holed into one situation, AND I felt that he held me in contempt for being in that situation to begin with (and no, I don't have an STD, hep C, or a substance abuse problem, not that that would have made his behavior any more acceptable). I felt judged, uncared for, and unwelcome. I am really glad that so many have had great experiences. But I won't go back.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

I have been going to Dr Altman for 17 years. So have most of the people I work with. We all love him. He never makes you wait when you have an appointment. He is also a great surgeon. I was surprised he got bad reviews on bedside manner. He is just very "real" and i appreciate that I am very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Altmann has been my OBY for approx. 15 years. He's one of the BEST in his field. He took his time to explain procedures and helped me through several health problems including my hysterectomy. Great bedside manners. I refer all my friends to him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Dr Altman is an intelligent and knowlegable Doctor he did not mince words when we talked about my pregnancy. He was honest and did not treat me like I was a sensitive baby. I will always appreciate his open honesty. I left feeling like I had some serious decisions to make and he gave me the knowledge to think it through intelligently.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. Altman was very unhelpful and impatient with me when he happened to be the on call doctor who delivered my baby. My labor was taking too long (about 18 hours) and he decided I needed a c-section due to "failure to progress". I was not in distress and neither was my baby but at the time I was young and didn't know I could object. He mad me feel like I was wasting his time and when he came in to do my c-section he actually brought his children with him and had them in the waiting room! He was unprofessional and didn't answer my questions or try to explain anything. The practice he works for is fine other than him but he alone is reason enough to skip this practice all together if you are expecting a baby.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Dr. Altman is a great doctor with alot of knowledge in his field and if you are looking for a doctor to lay things out on the table then he is the one however you must take bad bedside manners with it. As a surgeon he is great but take the bad bedside manners with it so if you want some TLC and a bit of compassion I would suggest seeing another GYN in his practice, any surgical problems you are going to end up right back with him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Dr. Altman is part of a practice that sees patients in a rotating fashion so that you get a chance to meet all the doctors in case he or she is on call the night you deliver. I was referred to another doctor in Dr. Altman's practice so I met Dr. Altman right after I found out I had Gestational Diabetes. Dr. Altman told me I won the "booby prize" and needed to be aggressive with my treatment because "Gestational Diabetes kills babies." Depite his being quite knowledgeable, I found him unprofessional, lacking tact and empathy. He has a poor "beside manner," and I can find other knowledgeable physicians elsewhere who won't be so disrespectful. I would not recommend this doctor based upon my experience.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Dr. Alan P. Altman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Alan Altman, MD, thinks there's no more joyful specialization in medicine than obstetrics and gynecology. After all, it's the only one that trains a doctor to bring new life into the world. Aside from delivering babies, Dr. Altman's favorite part of the job is performing robotic surgery to give patients the best outcome with as little impact as possible. After completing medical school, Dr. Altman became a resident at Bethesda North Hospital, and has been with TriHealth ever since. Practicing with TriHealth Associates in Ob/Gyn, Dr. Altman helps patients aged 12 and up with general gynecology, obstetrics, weight loss and menopause. Approaching each patient without judgment -- and a good sense of humor -- Dr. Altman goes out of his way to provide a comfortable and relaxed patient experience. When he's not improving patients' lives, Dr. Altman spends time with his family at their home in South Lebanon. He has six kids, ranging from 14 years old to adulthood. In his free time, Dr. Altman enjoys skiing, hiking, traveling and watching the Bengals.

• English

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Menopause
  • Preeclampsia
  • Gestational diabetes
  • Osteoporosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Contraceptive implant
  • Combination birth control pills
  • Robotic myomectomy
  • Vaginal hysterectomy
  • Endometrial ablation
  • Perimenopause
  • Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
  • Vaginitis