Ratings for Dr. Yvonne D. Vanarsdale-Imani

All the comments about this Dr. are right on. I saw her once when My endocrinologist was gone. My goodness, she was the most unprofessional person ever. Dumpy looking; no personality;came in exam room, did not introduce herself. I don't even remember what she checked; pressed my left side and asked if it hurt, which it did not and I did not go in for pain, I am a diabetic and see Dr. John Seibel, a great doctor, but I had to see her. NEVER AGAIN. She said nothing more, except "next time you come in ask Dr. Seibel what he will be taking care of and what I should take care of" and abruptly left the room!!!! So much for that visit. She usually is chomping away on something; looks unkempt, unlike other MD's . UCk, UCK.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

You're better off staying sick than going to Dr. Imani. She was absolutely TERRIBLE. I felt worse leaving her office than i did going in. I was assigned to her due to my limited insurance, and have had to see her twice now. Both times she was rude, heartless, and overall just a disgusting human being. I dont understand how she has stayed in practice. I could hear her talking about me when she left the room, and when she was in the room she treated me like dirt, and seemed to have no idea what she was doing. She should be put in a personality disorder study and then discarded from the medical field. Horrible.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

#1 Her presentation was horrible. I felt like she wasn't clean wearing her street clothes that looked unwashed and unkempt. She was sullen in attitude, and didn't connect/ or rather seemed disconnected. I was in for a physical, she didn't ask any questions, and when I kept prompting her, she was argumentative and misinformed. Blue Cross doesn't offer many options for a doctor, i chose her (woman) because basically she was the only one available/accepting new patients. So, during my physical (as a brand new patient because of insurance changes) any question I asked, i was told i'd have to make another appointment to address those questions! I know medicine is a business, however I feel i need to take my business to a knowledgeable and interested doctor.........don't go to Imani, she is not only scary looking, but I wouldn't put my dog in her hands.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

She is the worst dr i have ever seen. She was 2 hours late, and for one of those hours, she was standing at the nurses desk complaining about having to be at work that day, and she was within earshot of my mother. I went in for kidney pain that i had been having. She told me it was muscle pain that happens as we get older. She was late, rude, impatient, and blew me off because she didnt want to believe someone without a medical degree knew what kidney pain felt like or that the pain was even real. She told me there was nothing she could do and that it seemed like i was only there to "meet the doctor" the kidney pain became completely unbareable today and it turned out, i have a kidney infection! She SHOULD NOT be practicing if she doesnt want to be a doctor. Avoid this woman like the plague.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Front desk and nurses were very nice. I waited 45 min to see Dr. Imani. When she came in she was awkward and rude. I came in for depression. She told me I have to sign a paper in case I kill myself so their not a fault. Exact words. I'm not suicidal. I already struggled going in because of thinking I could be depressed. So insensitive. Canceled my follow up. Doesn't deserve one star.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Worst doctor ever!! Please do not waste your time with her. She is rude, disrespectful, cold... need I go on. She doesn't like to answer your questions. I do have a medical background, so I somewhat know what I am talking about. I have seen a few times, I have never had a positive experience with her. I was really hesitant to take my 6 yr old to see her, but was the only one I could get him into right away. She did not introduce herself to him, she barely examined him and would not even talk to him. Another doctor there did end up seeing my son afterwards, and Doctor Carothers was so much better!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Avoid this doc. Staff seemed sullen and hostile the whole time. The doc will argued with us rather than listening to our concerns. She also walked into the room already wearing gloves, and did not change them prior to an exam. My impression is : This is a doc (and staff) with a know-it-all attitude, and they give an impression of being far more concerned with cash than care. I took my daughter in for a physical, and they refused to answer questions about her thyroid and insisted that it could only be discussed during a follow up appointment. In order to have a conversation about a thyroid question we had to cancel the physical (while in the exam room!) and change it to a standard office visit and pay $10 more. We waited almost two hours to see the doctor and the visit was over within 10 minutes. I wish I had read the reviews before going in. This doctor does not have a happy bone in her body. We will not be back.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

With the Abq Health Partners situation, I needed to find new PCP so made appt with Dr. Amani. I came across reviews at vitals.com, but kept my appt, boy I wish I hadn't! Dr. Imani was short w/me, interrupted, was rude to her PA & didnt refill an Rx I had been on for yrs (gen ambien). I have fibromyalgia & chronic back pain. One of my meds has side affect of sleeplessness. I now am experiencing "rebound insomnia" due to sudden stoppage of the med. She should have known this & for this appt, refilled the med then we could further discuss at the next visit. She argued w/me about my medical needs of which she could not determine in 10 mins she saw me. Of course, I gave them medical history, but she didn't seem to care much. I would not recommend this doctor. Nor will I keep my follow-up appt in Jan which I made at the same time I made my original appt with Dr. Imani. It's a shame doctors like this are allowed to practice! Believe the bad reviews, I wish I had!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

Dr. Yvonne D. Vanarsdale-Imani's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Commercial Insurance Company