Ratings for Dr. Chris A. Smiley

After trying a few different eye doctor offices, I am very pleased with this office. Staff helped me find my vision insurance benefits which saved me some $. Dr. Smiley recommened new bifocal contact lenses. I have never seen better. I trust this office and refer friends and co-workers.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

First, the office was okay: it was nice,but kind of small, and not well organized.It started actual exam started off ok,but quickly went downhill.He did only a few of the typical tests (for example he did NOT do the 3D/depth perception test or the Ishihara/color blindness test).The entire examination was rushed and all tests were done with little explaination,feedback (no "your eye sight looks good"),and discussion. The little discussion Dr. Smiley made was to "explain" that he was a leader in eye surgery and that he gaves a lot of lectures, aimed at getting more money.About 17 minutes later the exam was over.Then came time to pay,the glasses exam fee was normal.But then the receptionist,Molly,explained that they charge a "fitting fee" in addition to the contact exam fee!!I have been wearing contacts for over 8yrs and have never heard of this before and wanted to charge a lot.So I said I don't want the prescription and left.Most importantly Molly was very rude,mean,and confrontational.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Staff unhelpful and, at times, confrontational. Business is there to definately make a buck!!! Glasses extremely expensive & not happy with them. Double charged on testing done.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Seems like they are less interested in the patients' vision than selling the latest and greatest contacts / glasses. They sat me in front of like 6 different machines, 2 of which insurance didn't cover. After my visit, I found out the contacts are half as much online. Highest vision bill I've ever had (almost 650 before insurance, 360 after). I called to cancel the order for the contacts, but they refused. I will not go back again.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Chris A. Smiley's Credentials

• Ohio State University - College Of Optometry (Grad. 2001)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal