Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Agostinelli

Dr. Agostinelli removed a bunion from my right foot in November 2009 and it still hurts 8/1/2014, I had a knot under the skin about a month after the surgery and went back. Dr. A ex rayed my food and discovered that the screw had come out and was protruding under the skin. I had to have another surgery to remove the screw. He almost gave up trying to remove it because the head of the screw was stripped. Elayne got help and he removed it. I recently had another doc ex ray and MRI it. He said it was a very aggressive bunionectomy and I need another surgery to replace some bone loss. The new doc isn't sure the cause of the bone loss. Dr. A has performed surgery on two friends and they aren't happy either. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Although Agostinelli's nurse is quite pleasant, he is a nightmare. I went to him for ingrown toenails, which I have had removed once before, so I was aware of what it entailed, or what it should have been like. He proceeded to put 10cc's of lidocaine (to numb) at the base of each big toe, with 3 injections between the bones. My husband was watching and said the needle literally bent every time he injected it. I had another ingrown in the second toe, which I could still feel after the injections, so he put ANOTHER 10 cc's in the bottom of the area. Still feeling the pain... I told him I couldn't take any more injections. He threw down his scissors in disgust, and then picked them up and grabbed my foot and cut the nail out. I haven't experienced that amount of acute pain since childbirth 14 years ago. He also removed a small mole on the top of my foot, and replaced it with a large, purple scar. He needs to either learn compassion, or retire.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr. Joseph R. Agostinelli's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1981)

MSP/BC Med