Ratings for Dr. Howard S. Mitz

Dr. Mitz and his team are caring and patient and strike a wonderful balance of fun and friendly while still being professional. It was a nice change to have an endoscopic procedure in an office setting rather than a hospital. Very reassuring to be part of the "checking out" process before being put under anesthesia and to have Dr. Mitz, a familiar face, present at the "going to sleep". Also nice to get instant report of the results rather than having to wait a few days. I would give 5 stars except for the wait time. As noted, the Mitz team is patient which likely contributed to running behind schedule in my couple of visits. I'll just plan for that in future.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2019

Dr. Mitz and his staff are top-notch! They take the very best care of their patients, from the time of booking, throughout the procedure, and in follow-up. I have had only excellent care from everyone at North Country Gastroenterology, and I am grateful for not only their high-quality service but for their wonderful personalities.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2019

I recently underwent colonoscopy and EGD procedures for the first time with Dr. Mitz and staff. I found them to be professional, courteous, prompt as well as knowledgeable. The atmosphere created in the OR made me feel very much at ease and comfortable. I was extremely pleased with the efficiency in which I was attended to, checked during recovery and released; extremely quick. Thank you for your efforts. Dan B

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

For many years, I had horrible gastrointestinal issues. Over those years, I was under the care of 4 different gastroenterologists before trying Doctor Mitz. None of those previous 4 doctors could find the source of the problems I was experiencing. They simply took the approach of treating the symptoms with an increasing amount of prescription drugs. Dr. Mitz discovered the root cause of the problems, and under his care those gastrointestinal problems have ceased to exist. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Mitz.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

Experiencing my first surgical procedure since coming to the USA from Australia ,I was very pleased with my overall day visit for my Colonoscopy and Endoscopy . I found Dr Mitz and his team very professional and very attentive to my needs as a patient . All of his staff were courteous and explained each part of my procedure in a calm and reassuring manner . Dr Mitz’s pre and post op manner was very pleasant and overall I can recommend he and his team for those seeking his services.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2019

Recently needed an EGD and Colonoscopy and it was a relief to find that North Country excelled in providing professional patient diagnosis, testing procedures and followup. The outpatient facility was calming and each procedure were expedient and explained in detail. The nursing, anesthesiologist and office staff were not just competent in their field of expertise, but also kind, caring, attentive, humorous and informative. Procedure prep instructions were well outlined and reminder calls were timely and reinforcing. Dr. Mitz's’ direct communication on each procedure and my final diagnosis calmed my concerns and provided both my family and I. It was obvious that he has been honing his craft for over 30 years and proved that his medical performance and quality stats (much higher than the national averages) on finding the “gerbils”, their tunnels and refuse in your system identified and resolved my problems during these tests. Thank you - Samantha, Steve, Alana, Robert and, of course, Dr. M. - you sincerely are an admirable and highly qualified team of health care professionals. The North Country is lucky to have you, and personally, my family will continue to rely on you for any future gastro issues/procedures.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Mitz for 15 plus years and have always found him to be professional caring and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him if you are in need of a competent Gastroenterologist. My experiences have all been positive.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Dr. Mitz is very professional, patient and caring; taking as much time as was needed not making me feeling rushed. All the staff reflect a very pleasant environment. My experience was all positive.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I was in a terrible head on car collision and sustained some internal injuries. The seat belt saved my life but broke my back and compressed my internal organs. I was having a hard time swallowing and went to see Dr Mitz. After an initial visit, Dr Mitz determined I would need to have my upper GI tract scoped. The procedure went very well, I was in and out of his personal surgical center in a very short period of time. The results were tremendous. I could swallow again with no issues and not afraid of choking at all. Had just a very little bit of soreness in swallowing that lasted less than a day. But that was understandable do to what was done. Dr Mitz and his staff were very friendly and professional. The cost of the procedure was very affordable being that it was done in his surgical center and not in a hospital. Dr Mitz is one of the best doctors, I ever gone to, best in his field. Many years of experience is shown in the results from his procedures. I would highly recommend North Country Gastroenterology to anyone seeking quality service at a fair price in a casual family type environment.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Howard Mitz is observant, knowledgeable, kind and caring. I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease over 10 years ago. His office and staff have your best interest at heart and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a gastroenterologist. There is no doubt he is the best there is here in the North Country.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr. Howard S. Mitz's Credentials

• The University Of Health Sciences, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1985)

TRICARE