Ratings for Dr. Howard S. Mitz

Recently needed an EGD and Colonoscopy and it was a relief to find that North Country excelled in providing professional patient diagnosis, testing procedures and followup. The outpatient facility was calming and each procedure were expedient and explained in detail. The nursing, anesthesiologist and office staff were not just competent in their field of expertise, but also kind, caring, attentive, humorous and informative. Procedure prep instructions were well outlined and reminder calls were timely and reinforcing. Dr. Mitz's’ direct communication on each procedure and my final diagnosis calmed my concerns and provided both my family and I. It was obvious that he has been honing his craft for over 30 years and proved that his medical performance and quality stats (much higher than the national averages) on finding the “gerbils”, their tunnels and refuse in your system identified and resolved my problems during these tests. Thank you - Samantha, Steve, Alana, Robert and, of course, Dr. M. - you sincerely are an admirable and highly qualified team of health care professionals. The North Country is lucky to have you, and personally, my family will continue to rely on you for any future gastro issues/procedures.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Mitz for 15 plus years and have always found him to be professional caring and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him if you are in need of a competent Gastroenterologist. My experiences have all been positive.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Dr. Mitz is very professional, patient and caring; taking as much time as was needed not making me feeling rushed. All the staff reflect a very pleasant environment. My experience was all positive.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I was in a terrible head on car collision and sustained some internal injuries. The seat belt saved my life but broke my back and compressed my internal organs. I was having a hard time swallowing and went to see Dr Mitz. After an initial visit, Dr Mitz determined I would need to have my upper GI tract scoped. The procedure went very well, I was in and out of his personal surgical center in a very short period of time. The results were tremendous. I could swallow again with no issues and not afraid of choking at all. Had just a very little bit of soreness in swallowing that lasted less than a day. But that was understandable do to what was done. Dr Mitz and his staff were very friendly and professional. The cost of the procedure was very affordable being that it was done in his surgical center and not in a hospital. Dr Mitz is one of the best doctors, I ever gone to, best in his field. Many years of experience is shown in the results from his procedures. I would highly recommend North Country Gastroenterology to anyone seeking quality service at a fair price in a casual family type environment.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Howard Mitz is observant, knowledgeable, kind and caring. I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease over 10 years ago. His office and staff have your best interest at heart and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a gastroenterologist. There is no doubt he is the best there is here in the North Country.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

I have seen Dr. Howard Mitz over the years and have no complaints. He is down to earth, patient, and kind. He answered my questions completely to my satisfaction. I have and will continue recommending him to others. Paul Konkel

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Great staff, kind, helpful and made me feel very comfortable. Dr Mitz very down to earth and professional. I will highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Professional, organized and pleasant. I highly recommend him and his office

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr Howard S. Mitz is one of the best doctors I've ever met. His staff is outstanding. Everyone in the North Country praises him. I highly recommend him. When I return to NH next summer, I will definitely continue seeing him. Nancy C.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

both thorough and detailed and paid attention to other symptoms out his field

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Howard S. Mitz's Credentials

• The University Of Health Sciences, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Beechstreet