Dr. Robert J. Valins

Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Valins

I was advised to come in to get a cast removed. Upon engaging with the doctor, it turned out that the cutter required for removing the cast was not currently available, and the appointment was cut short as we could not proceed. I did not wish to pay the $50 for the visit, as it was unproductive due to the offices lack of preparation, and I politely made this point. They sent the $50 debt to a collection agency. This was a ruthless act, reflects their incompetence, and I do not recommend them.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Robert J. Valins

Dr. Robert J. Valins's response
On behalf of Dr. Calise and Total Foot and Ankle of Tampa Bay, we apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your inpatient hospital stay. Our patient's care is our utmost priority, and making sure they have a satisfying experience with any of our doctors or staff members is extremely important to us. Please feel free to call our office at any time and with our practice administrator to further discuss this matter.

Submitted July 12, 2017

I haven't seen a podiatrist in 10 years and have had horrible experiences in the past. Dr. Valins was excellent, listened to my concerns, examined my feet and wound up giving me a shot in my left foot. Despite my misgivings about the shot, it was virtually painless and helped almost immediately. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

thought he was nice and very caring and knew what he was talking about

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Wonderful doctor, please ignore the negative statements. Before seeing Dr. Valins 2 Cardiologists, 1 podiatrist, and 2 primary care doctors could not resolve an edema issue that I had for almost NINE months. Expensive testing and shots never resolved the problem. One doctor suggesting I stop drinking water! One doctor telling me I just had to live with the problem, both unacceptable!! First visit with Dr. Valins, he listened to my concerns, examined my feet and ankles, told me exactly what was wrong, made the correct treatment plan and now I am almost back to normal. Able to wear more than one pair of shoes and looking forward to buying a new pair of shoes to celebrate. I would highly recommend this doctor, sometimes it's the patient not the doctor!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

I have been going here for awhile,they are very friendly & caring..

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

I had a great experience with Dr. Valin. Dr. Penney was not working on a particular day. I saw Dr. Valin instead. Dr. Valin was professional and caring. He was great at assistancing what I thought was urgent. He took the time to listen to my concern about my foot after my auto accident. I was very happy with his decision. The staff is always friendly and professional. I'm very happy to be a patient of Total Foot and Ankle of Tampa.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Made 2 visits, 1st visit - wait was about 30min. He came in room, touch my foot twice, didn't listen to what I said, made a diagnosis, gave a shot and left me for the nurse who gave me a night brace and took x-rays. 2nd visit, waited over an hour as he was running late, once in the visit was 5 min at best. I had a reaction to the shot so we didn't do another one of those. Reviewed the x-rays, had a bone spur but when I told him the pain was just as bad he ignored me and told me the spur wasn't causing me pain and told me to get orthopedic shoes that are NOT covered by insurance and would cost me over $400 out of pocket!! He left the room, I left the office and will NEVER go back. Don't waste your time on this quack.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

I was 10 minutes late, they signed me in and then told me I would have to sit for an hour. Not because they were busy or Dr. Valin's was taking care of other patients. It was time for LUNCH. I said few choice words and left. I will never return and would strongly advise you find another practice!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Dr. Robert J. Valins's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1977)

• BCBS Illinois