Ratings for Dr. Bruce A. Mackey

It's all about money in this office! Not sure who is pocketing money but someone surely is! Long wait in examining room. Covered by Medicare and BC/BS, never asked for copay until this dr. Informed copay needed to be met before being seen. Against better judgement, and knowing it wasn't right, paid the copay. Sure enough, ins covered all charges, now can't seem to get refund. Further, when scrip ins didn't cover new pain men, we advised to bypass ins, pay out of pocket for sleep med in order to get ins to cover pain med. very unprofessional! Only saw dr last 4/5 min if appt time, then he was very rushed and impatient with questions. WOULD NOT GO BACK!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

If you cannot say something nice, say mothing at all. Nothing good to say.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I was under Dr Mackey for 5yrs and loved the staff the his PA Jamie and his female pa.the fractures n my back were treated right away. M A sleep study was done because I complained of being tried sleeps apnea was diagnosed he also found osteoarthritis and fibromialga because the fracture was not due to a accident was tested for brittle bone and found I'm on the low end of normal. Other issues other than pain I've gotten help with. So imagine my shock when I moved and need a new Dr andc he went ape when he saw the MG's of !y MED's I was told they we're so high I was at risk of just dropping dead just by taking what I was prescribed correct and on time. I was heart broken I trusted my Dr and his team with my life. A feint told me to look up Dr Mackey to see what was going on in his practice I'm horrified and hurt. Maybe those of us who were over prescribed should think about class action

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. Mackey was recommended to me by my PCP who I trusted greatly. I've been seeing him for about 8 years. He quickly diagnosed my sleep apnea which I've had since at least 1991 when a nurse friend suspected it, but there weren't home CPAP machines then. I've had CRPS Type II since 1994, trigeminal neuralgia since 2006, and fibromyalgia since 2011. He has been great in helping me with my chronic pain and his PAs are good also. The only problem is he's far away from where I live.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Mackey for well over 12 years.. Finally got my pain under control for the last 6 years until 8 months ago and for no reason at all he decreased my meds an now my pains is back to being horrible.. I tried telling him that this is not working and he doesn't care.. He said I need to be determined that it will work.. I wish I wasn't in pain.. He is NOT a good doctor anymore.. I will have to find a new doctor.. Please do Not go to this doctor..

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I have been a patient of DR. Mackey for many yrs. he used to be a awesome pain management specialist. Now over the last 1 1/2 yrs. i have only seen him maybe 5 times and I don't think he even knows me because nor do I know him. His bedside manner has change. Dr. Mackey used to greet me by shaking my hand carefully and at the same time he would looked me in the eyes. Also, when he talked to me he would more his chair closer to me and look at me when I talked to him about anything I needed to. He would take as much time to ask me how I was feeling mentally and physically and was concerned that I was getting some pain relief. So, when I left his office I always felt that I had someone who really cared about me because he was such a kind and caring person and Dr. ,too. Now he does none of this he's cold and doesn't even look me in the eyes when he talks to me he is reading what the nurse wrote down on the computer because the nurse now talks to me about how my pain level is and how or what I'm have been feeling and doing. Then he asks me questions if my primary Dr. has changed anything he wants to know why or if I've had another health problem has occur he wants to know what mr primary Dr. Is doing about it while he is typing what I am telling him. Every time I go to my appointment I have expressed that my pain level is excruciating and I am not getting any relief since he decreased my medication by half in the last 6 months without any explanation at first. Then when I went back to see the PA he didn't know why so, when I finally saw Dr. Mackey he told me something that makes no sense but, I found out later on that he was being investigated by OBND. Now I am basically bedridden and now unable to drive myself for my appoints which has caused more stress for my family. I am not the only person that he has decreased on their meds so,, I know I can't continue to see Dr. Mackey while my he

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I have been seeing him for 10 yrs, he has my pain under contrl!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I really liked Dr Mackey until after seeing him for two years I went to the hospital with such bad pneumonia I was in icu for two weeks and he had over prescribed my meds and caused my breathing etc to be dangerously low. I only took the amount prescribed and nothing more! When I got out of the hospital I called to make my appt only to find out I was no longer welcome. Wow now that's a great Dr if you all me, not!!!! I would recommend just about any other pain specialist than him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I had the miss fortune of being sent to Cedar Ridge because i was having issues dealing with my illness. My son was on his way to by house to hurt me. I called 911, women shielders full and crisis center. There were not one word of me wanting to kill my self in any of the paperwork. I also was going cold turkey off heavy meds knowing I had surgery and wanted pain control. The laws that have change has now put my bad heart at risk because I use Velum for extra heart beats. New law will not allow my cardio to fill it. Heart meds drop my blood pressure to low. One bottle of 120 lasted a year with 2 refills left. Excuse me that is not abuse. My PC went to hospice care. Dr Mackey showed me the door. So any heart problems and other meds I can't get refills. So I'm waiting 45 days for my meds following his contact with all my docs. I understand laws have change; I'm just getting my lupus in control. Why did he not listen to me or read my paperwork.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I feel like they care how I feel and about my well being. I have great respect for Dr. Mackey and all his staff. I have and would recomend him.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Dr. Bruce A. Mackey's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Edmond, OK