Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. CARUANA

Doc did bariatric on me in 2009. He screwed up royally. He reattached colon wrong, I've been sick ever since. He refused to help saying "I don't do re-do's" and sent me to his partner who said even tho the surgery caused kidney failure and congestive heart failure that I was too big a risk to try to fix the problem. Hello! Your group's surgery caused the problem then say too bad, live with it. Have seen several specialists but my insides are too messed up. Now I have to live with the daily vomiting, nausea, kidney and heart problems for rest of my life. PS: got serious infection while at sisters hospital for surgery courtesy of needing ventilator and ICU. I will never go back to sisters hospital again and will never recommend this doctor to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I LOVED Dr Carauna... I was a bit nervous when I 1st met w/him but he put me at ease and answered all my questions. I had my surgery in Nov 2009 and havent regretted going to him. In the hospital he also visited w/me and always smiling.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

six years since my gastric bypass, dr. caruana cares about patients. very informative before and after surgey.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

at first he seemed like he was in a rush and wasnt really listening but he just knows what he is looking for and he can spot it very quickly. He is very nice and a GREAT surgeon and the office doesnt take any crap. You have your co-pay or you dont see the DR. This is good becuase there are soooooo many people looking to get this surgery and they dont waste time! He also seems to have a great connection with the insurance companies. I have talked to so many people who had surgery by him and i have never heard a bad word about him, but they do agree that at first he seems kind of standoffish, but its just becuase he will know if you good or not. I didnt have any questions for him, but im sure he would give time for that. He is very knowledgible in this and this is his sole practice is doing gastric bypass! He is awesome!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2004

Wow, this doctor is the BEST at his practice. He performed WONDERFUL, life-changing (for the good) surgery on my mom, and she is VERY healthy and she is living her life to the fullest thanks to this doctor!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2004

Dr. Joseph A. CARUANA's Credentials

• Greek

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1972)