Dr. Richard E. Rattay

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Rattay

I think everything went well for me and it was fully explained to me prior to the surgery and explained to my wife after the procedure. I am amazed at how quickly I was diagnosed and set up for surgery. I had no clue that my sore thumb was the result of a ruptured tendon, but now I know to have other people get medical aid as soon as possible if they have the same symptoms. I found the doctor, his staff, and the surgery center to be a very good choice for this type of medical procedure. *(I had my wife type this up because I cannot at this time use my right hand)

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I am always greeted in a friendly, efficient manner by the office personnel at the main desk. The nursing staff at the clinic is the same. They are always friendly with warm hello's when I check in at the desk. The nurses who take me back to the exam room never fail to greet me in a nice manner and to make some nice conversation on the way. I enjoy knowing they do this as sometimes their little bit of conversation is all a patient might get for the day....and that little bit of conversation makes the patient's day 100% better. This says something to me about the values of the clinic, and its' expectations of how the staff treats its' patients i.e with respect, humor, support, extending a hand of friendship if only for that little while. My interaction with Dr. Rattay has always been positive. He enters the room with energy, with good eye contact, and a nice smile. I know he has my best interests at heart by the questions he asks about myself/my condition. I receive clear explanations of what he plans to do to help me. I am very happy to say that I feel a part of my treatment decisions. In areas of patient interest, empathy, attention, respect, humor, and hope, Dr. Rattay gets an A .

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I go in to see Dr. Rattay quickly. He was informative and told me my ankle and leg were lined up perfectly. He took the time to show me my x-ray and gave me a more supportive brace to help with continued healing and pain. Excellent provider.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Was slightly disappointed to wait 10 days for surgery but overall am satisfied with service. Still healing and hope to gain more strength and function .

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

From scheduling to departure, everyone was polite and accommodating and we were treated with excellent rating overall.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

It was a great experience. Everyone was very nice and professional. Answered all my questions about the operation. Explained everything in detail. I felt very comfortable during the whole process.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Rattay is personable, understanding and he checks all his facts. He did my left shoulder and it was perfect.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I am healing well so that means Dr. Rattay did a great job on my surgery! I will recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Deb was so helpful and always made sure i was taken care of. Dr. Rattay put me at ease after listening and discussing my injury. Thorough, detailed and easy to work with. Im healing well and continue improving each day. Thank you, i appreciate all you did and your patience answering all of my questions. Phenomal overall experience! Joe

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Swimmer's shoulder Theripy is going well. Tingling and numbness in my fingers has gotten better. Thinking I will wait another week to try to swimming or riding bike. Thanks

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Richard E. Rattay's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• BCBS Illinois