Dr. Richard E. Rattay

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Rattay

We had been waiting for 5 minutes tops. Everything ran fast and smooth! I had strong feelings that I might go to Rochester if surgery was recomended. Dr. Rattey was so personable, friendly, knowledgeable, and he completely made me very confident and at ease. After visiting with Dr. Rattey I had no second thoughts about him doing the surgery! Just a funny little note here: it's a good thing I tried to proof read this note as the spell checker was going wild. I typed in Rattey and at first it changed to Dr. Target.. I fixed the 2 places that was wrong. I fortunately checked it again and this time you were Dr. Battery. I had a good laugh over how crazy spell checker can be!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Rattan is so personable. He always explains what the problem is, uses the shoulder models to explain what surgery is needed. I think the most important thing is, I respect him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Rattay met with me on time and did a great job explaining my option for treatment and help me select a plan to do so. Also sent me with additional instructions for my therapy. I would recommend him and his team to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Very much like Dr. Ragtag. Very cordial, informative, and takes time with you.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Rattay is a very professional and pleasant physician who cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Because of my insurance, I had to have my x-rays done at the Mercy Hospital. I stopped at the ortho front desk at Mercy City Clinic and told them that I needed the X-rays taken at Mercy, so they gave me the orders to give to the receptionist at Mercy. However, they were for the wrong patient, so I had to wait while the receptionist at Mercy Hospital called the receptionist at Ortho at Mercy City Clinic to tell them the order was wrong. The Ortho receptionist told the receptionist at Mercy that she was wrong and wouldn't believe her and refused to help her. So, the receptionist at Mercy Hospital had to physically take the order back to Ortho at Mercy City Clinic with my Driver's license to prove to her the order was wrong and get a new order. In the meantime, I had to sit at Mercy Hospital and wait until the new order could be processed. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, except that it happens all the time. For some reason the receptionist at Ortho at Mercy City Clinic refuses to do their job properly and get the orders over to the hospital in a timely manner. Maybe something can be done about this. I understand that what happened to me was a violation of HIPAA rules. Hopefully this kind of thing can be remedied, so those of us that really matter can get proper service. As far as Dr. Rattay and his personal staff are concerned, they are excellent! Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Rattay was thorough with his exam after rotator cuff surgery...(which he did a very successful and competent procedure last year). He reassured me that all was healing correctly. thanks, Doc !!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Was glad to find out what was wrong with my finger. The shots in my hand was not to bad. Would have it done again if it really helps. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

This was a follow up appointment from my initial appointment that I had on February 28th where I had received a cortisone injection for my thumb and had been prescribed physical therapy for my shoulder. The doctor was very thorough and attentive at both appointments as well was the entire staff. Overall great experience!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I had x-rays and also saw the doctor both in a timely manner. The nurse was very efficient and informative. Also the doctor answered all my questions to my satisfaction. All in all a very good experience.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Richard E. Rattay's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Mason City, IA