Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Rattay

Dr rattay and his new nurse are awesome. Love giving them referrals because I know they will be well taken care of. thank you

flag | Submitted September 26, 2019

Dr. Ratay listened well and responded to my questions. He offered clear explanations and alternatives. He was very kind, caring and seemed to clearly have thought about my problem and how it should be handled.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2019

Dr. Rattay performed a total shoulder replacement on me, for a second time and other than having a bout of nausea after surgery, I came through this just fine. I'm in therapy now and anticipate a complete recovery in record time. All the nurses on the surgical floor were outstanding. Blessings to you all.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2019

I felt very comfortable and assured that I was in good hands. I especially appreciated that I was being listened to and all my questions were answered; no one hurried me along. The staff and facility are outstanding! I am sooo happy to be more active and pain free!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

Was made to feel at ease when I got a steroid shot. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Everyone there treats you like family. Dr. Rattay listens to you and don't rush you through. I will keep going back to him.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

surgery went well so far happy with the results doctor and staff could not have been better

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

All good. Dr and nurse Super nice. Great experience even tho cortisone shot hurt a little. 🤓. Strongly recommend Dr Rattay!!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

On November 27, 2017 You replaced my right shoulder, and on February 12, 2018, you replaced my left shoulder. When stretching and exercising, when keeping my arms relatively straight, I can do relatively good. If I bend my elbows just a little bit, my shoulders hurt like crazy and I have no muscle. Ignorance on my part doesn't tell me how to overcome this. For the most part, I have great flexibility. I am scheduled to begin employment May 1, 2018, but don't trust my ability to perform the job. I need a job, but my lack of confidence in myself is scary. You and your team were excellent for both operations. If I had to do it again, You would be my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

wait time was very short, check in staff very warm greeting, x-ray person very friendly, and of course Dr Rattay is awesome!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Dr. Richard E. Rattay's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

“I wanted to be a physician since I was very young. I was fascinated by the anatomy of bones, muscles, joints, tendons and nerves. I enjoy the diagnostic process and having the ability to dramatically change a patient’s life. I enjoy the interactions with patients and the fact that so many of the most complex hand and wrist problems are referred to me. “I look at every patient without preconceived impressions or prejudice. I try to relate to each individual. I am from Mason City, so I try to connect with each patient in some way personally. I try to sense their emotional needs and direct my words and actions to help them feel more comfortable. My ultimate goal is affect their lives in a positive way – relieving their pain while improving their function and quality of life.”

• English

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• ACL reconstruction