Ratings for Dr. R. Chad Wisco

Recently my step daughter came in for an appointment...was told up front by the desk staff that she would not be allowed to see the Dr unless she paid her lousy little $6.00 co-pay up front. I don't have a problem with co-pays...but this is not how you treat a patient. That was her bus money for the week (she is on assistance). This is not only a violation of medical ethics, but a violation of good business ethics, not to mention a violation of the Hypocratic oath...'at first do no harm'. This is not how we do business in Sioux City. I had to come down and pay the $6 on my credit card for her. They could have sent a bill too and I would have paid that for her. This kind of greed just stinks! Dr Wisco is a good physician but really needs a lesson in patient relations....same for his staff.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr Wisco does know what he is doing , but like others have said , his people skills are lacking .I drove an 50 miles to get there and was 5 minutes late and was sent away to wait another 3 months for the next apt , very disappointing .

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

he will be rated highest cause he is the only rheumatologist in this area . he is diffinatly over worked . Knows his**** .....

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

lack of comunication poor short 10 min visits poor people skills

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Dr. Wisco needs to take a course in patient relationship skills. He may know what he's talking about but that's about it. He does not give the impression that he "cares" for the patient - just that he "knows" what's wrong with them. He has an air of superiority/arrogance. Does not show true compassion and concern for his patients.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Dr. Wisco belongs in a lecture hall. Seems very intelligent.. but has absolutely no listening skills. Found him to be condescending, arrogant, and acts as though he would really prefer to be elsewhere doing something else. Had to see him a few times just to confirm my initial impression. Prime example of the problem with medical schools today. They fill their heads with facts to vomit out to patients and then write a scrip for big pharmas sake. Could stand to spend some time reviewing doctor/patient relationships.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Great Dr. . over worked needs help . But he knows his stuff

flag | Submitted November 17, 2008

I respect Dr. Wisco very much. But one time I was about 5 min.late for an appointment and had called ahead. That is when I found out if you are late he will not see you. I had driven about 26 miles to get there and had to turn around and go home. It was my first time driving alone as I had had a dislocated shoulder and there was road construction adding to the issue. he is very informative. But I have had alot of pain and since I do not see him until Jan. next yearI can't talk to him except by correspondence he is very good about writing me back.I have Fibro and am having some break through pain. But I'm not getting any answers other than to keep doing what I'm doing. He had raised my lyrica which did not work as I retained fluid so bad. I did let a nurse know about. So then when I called about the pain I am in he wants me to do the same.I think it was just lack of communication,now I have to wait till my other pain med is out even though it does not do anything for me.Good Dr

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

this guy is the best and takes time with his patients

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007

asked me about other patients I was caring for as a nurse during MY appointment time; extremely long waiting times to get an appt and not accessible between appts

flag | Submitted October 27, 2006

Dr. R. Chad Wisco's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

GHI