Dr. William R. Stevens

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William R. Stevens

It is unfortunate that some patients have poor reviews for Dr. Stevens. He is one of the best in the Valley for complex deformities. My husband became a patient of Dr. Stevens over 14 yrs ago. He is straight forward, knowledgeable and and excellent Dr. If you are looking for a quick fix or want to hear miracle cures, then this is not the place to go. Would highly recommend him for honesty and not necessarily always recommending surgery. Surgery is not always the answer!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Dr W. Stevens was not knowledgeable. He didnt even refer me for an MRI with very painful lower back pain, lastI knew i had 3 bulged discs. Wanted to see how I was doing. He was in a hurry too. Not helpful at all. Will not return. Waste of money and my time. Took more time filling out paperwork than being seen properly.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I went last week after making appt for surgical consult w/DR. STEVENS, I get there, and they take a bunch of x-rays, THEN tell me he is on VACATION! NP is NOT knowledgeable nor professional.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I had a 7 level fusion in Jan. '16 & it was a disaster. I had excruciating pain as there were screws pressing on several nerves. I had trouble walking due to a terrible hip drop/limp from muscles affected by impinged nerves at L4 & L5. I fell several times & made little progress in PT. In Nov. '16, I sought a 2nd & 3rd opinion & was referred to Dr. Stevens. He did a masterful job-fusing 2 more levels & then spent nearly 5 hours moving hardware off & away from nerves. Immediately after surgery my limp was 90% gone & I had better muscle strength. It's been 4 months & I'm almost back to normal. Those nerves had been impinged for almost a year so I still needed PT. I am so grateful that I was referred to Dr. Stevens. He is a superb surgeon and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I love this office. I was fortunate to be able to work with Dr. Stevens & his NP, Sana. She was extremely helpful and very genuine. She took time to explain to me what my issue was. She even showed me a video of the problem when I was confused. Dr. Stevens is amazing as well. He is very direct and doesn't sugar coat anything. I love that in a surgeon and I appreciate it. He is also VERY conservative. I am sure I can find someone to give me surgery, but I trust both Dr. Stevens and Sana. I highly recommend this office for your healthcare needs.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Stevens saved my life! Broke my neck & back in multiple places. Other Docs fused me from C3 to T9. They botched surgery & I was going to be paralyzed from chest down. No other Dr. would touch me. Dr. Stevens did corrective surgery and saved my legs. When one of those rods later broke, he repaired it. I have recommended Dr. Stevens to several people. Some have gotten upset when he tells them that they don't need surgery. He can be very direct. I respect that in a surgeon, and I especially respect that he isn't recommending surgery to everyone that walks threw his door! I will forever be grateful to him. Not only would I let him do surgery on myself again, I would let him do surgery on my family. He really is the BEST. ( and a bit shy, so he doesn't ALWAYS look you in the eye. Don't take that personally)

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr. Stevens and Rebecca Rosemann are the BEST in the world at their profession!! Hands down! I was fused from L2-L5 by Dr. Stevens in 2006. I developed a different issue in 2013. I was fused then from S1-T10. During the surgery, he found I had bulging discs in my neck. He addressed this issue. After the surgery, my back issues were resolved. On my road to recovery, I got infected with MRSA. Having had it treated for several months. I was back to recovery again, only to have another issue with my middle back. He went in again and took some hardware out, and put more in from T10-T5. The pain I was having is gone and once again I am in the road to recovery. I did not have a second opinion as I trust the doc from the very first time we met. If you are experiencing back or neck pain, Dr. Stevens IS the doctor you want to see!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I was sent to Dr. Stevens by State Fund for a second opinion. My doctor at the time had finally (after eight years) agreed I needed something done. At that first meeting I thought he was pretty full of himself. After our second meeting I realized he had every right to be that way. Listening to him with his quiet confidence, calm attitude and reassuring words I was glad to have been sent to him. Not sure of how "State Fund" felt though. He wrote how neglectful my prior surgeon had been and the requested surgery planned by that surgeon would be more detrimental in the end than doing nothing. Dr. Stevens took the time to not only explain but show what procedure's he would suggest and the reason behind them. In April of 2009 I underwent four separate operations in six days. The shortest being ten hours, the longest of fourteen. He removed the existing "Harrington Rods", fused from S1 thru L1 replaced the disks between L4-L3 and L3-L2. When I woke up after the last operation in which he put in new "Rods", I could not believe it. No "turtle shell" and best of all no pain. It has been seven years now and I am still in awe of how good Dr. Stevens is. I have and will continue to recommend him. He KNOWShis stuff.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

On July 6 of this year, I was in the ER at a local Scottsdale, AZ hospital & told I had a broken back!! I am 63 & have had 4 previous spinal fusions, beginning in 1999. My last one was September of 2014. That surgeon, was out on medical leave, so he recommended Dr. William Stevens. Thank God. Literally, thank God. From the very first meeting with Dr. Stevens, we were sure he was THE ONE. I was flat on my back in bed, unable to move, in excruciating pain, listening to this doctor my husband nor I had never heard of or met before. He told us he'd need to look over my records & tests & then decide what to do. He said that whatever he decided, it would be the right thing! WOW! Pretty confident. That confidence, along with his quiet strength & calm demeanor & superior knowledge, was exactly what I needed. How do you fix a broken back, filled with hardware from 4 previous fusions & what must have been quite a mess in there? Well, he did & the results are nothing short of AMAZING. I had been in pain for the last 29 years of my life! Had to retire from being a flight attendant in 2006 & change my life in so many ways because of it. For years, I was so bent over, that I could not stand up straight. It was depressing! I looked years older than I was & missed out on so many things in my life. Not any more!! For the first time, I can stand up straight & enjoy activities with my husband & grandkids, I never thought I'd do again. Dr. Stevens has given me my life back!! I tell everyone I talk to what a GREAT surgeon he is & how he changed my whole life!! So thank you Dr. Stevens & Rebecca & your whole incredible team for all you did for me & my family. Forever in your debt. Ruth Thomson in Tonto Verde, AZ

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I had been in neck and arm pain since 2001. I finally had to have emergency surgery on my neck Jan. 6. 2015. I had chronic pain in my left arm. Nothing helped the pain. Dr. William R. Stevens was recommended to me. Dr. Stevens did the surgery on Jan. 5. When I woke up the pain was completely gone. I couldn't believe it. Between Dr. Stevens and his PA-C I couldn't have asked for better care. I am still pain free.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. William R. Stevens's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1987)

• Phoenix Top Docs 2--9-2014