Ratings for Dr. Cara B. Siegel

My experience was that Dr Siegel made up her mind about me before she entered the room. She was very concerned with why I was coming to her when I had seen an orthopedic doctor 1.5 years before who did and MRI & was now coming to her, instead of going back to him. She made it clear that she took that to mean that I was Doctor hoping looking for narcotics. She actually made it a point very early in the visit that she does not prescribe narcotics. And then asked me, with an extremely rude tone, why I was in her office. I was very clear that I did not want any medicines, I was there for a clear diagnosis for a long time spine issue that had gotten significantly worse over the past few years. If she had looked at my chart she would have seen that I did not and have not taken narcotics for this issue in the past. She did not want to hear my symptoms or let me ask questions. When I did ask questions she talked in circles & ended up giving me no diagnosis at all. She told me to stop all exercise indefinitely & to go to PT 2x/week. I have never had a doctor who was less caring & less apt to seek to truly help a patient. The only good that came from the visit is that she ordered 4 x-rays (which she NEVER looked at) & I was able to request copies of them from her medical assistant. I took those x-rays, along with my previous MRI, to another doctor & was able to get a clear diagnosis along with a non-drug plan for treating my conditions. I am so happy to be on the road to a pain free back, no thanks to Dr Siegel.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. Canceled my procedure because she "cleared her schedule" twice. One time with less than 24 hr notice. Not at all helpful and definitely does not have caring attitude toward patients. Speaks as little as possible.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Could not agree more with the post above. Very condescending and rude. Horrible bedside manner and no help at all.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

My experience with this doctor is that she does not give her patients a chance to speak. She is very assuming and rude. I felt very rushed through my appointment. She dismissed my severe pain and was condescending when I tried to ask any questions. I left the appointment with no diagnosis and no answers to the severe pain I was having. I am highly disappointed in her professionalism and bedside manner. I would look elsewhere for a doctor who cares. You will not be pleased.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Cara B. Siegel's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1989)

Pacificare