Ratings for Dr. John T. BURCH

I hurt my knee playing basketball last year and went to the Medical Center ER, where I was told that I HAD to see the Med Center's employee ortho guy. ( I later found out that this was completely false) He told me that my "multiple ligament injury was too complex" for him to fix, and that he would be referring me to UK in Lexington for surgery! And this was coming from a supposed "sports medicine specialist". A family member suggested that I see Dr. Burch for a second opinion, and I'm so glad that I did. He has taken care of WKU athletes for over 25 years. He spent about 30 minutes with me and explained everything clearly, and did surgery within the week. I only took pain meds for about 2 days after surgery and have done fantastic. My therapists at ProRehab have been very pleased at how well I've done. I'm writing because Dr. Burch just released me to play ball without restrictions. I'm feeling essentially 100% back to full function. He is awesome! I have recommended him to everyone!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I've been seeing this doctor now for more than 12 years and have had surge;ry by him 4 times. He always spent plenty of time telling me what would happen and what to expect, and everything he said has always been exactly right. I have done real well each time and will only see him if I ever need anything else in the future. He has also operated on my family doc a couple of times and he did real well, too . All of his office people are kind and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Burch has been a fantastic doctor for my grandmother. She has had her knee and hip replaced and they've done extremely well for being over 80. Ive never found the staff to be rude, actually they've been very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

An outstanding physician, Dr. Burch has cared for our entire family. His surgical skills are surpassed only be his obvious compassion. He listens and gives you his undivided attention. I would recommend him highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Have had several surgeries from Dr. Burch. He is a wonderful, caring and very smart doc. I have never had a doctor to spend so much time with me explaining things. All of my surgeries have gone great with results better than I expected. His staff is excellent and i cant say enough about his nurse Karen. I would recommend him to anybody

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Staff was incredibly unhelpful and rude. Spoke to Dr. Burch about the poor experiences and received a nonchalant attitude and change of subject from him. Great surgical work, but will not return past this recovery based on the staff alone.

Submitted March 25, 2012

Dr. John T. BURCH's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)