Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Opsahl

My wife and I have been going to Dr. Opsahl for the past 17 years and have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff. He and his staff treat us with the highest regard and respect. He is a real gentleman.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

Absolutely clueless! Don’t just blame it on a genetic virus. Order some tests if you’re not sure.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Avoid this practice. Poor communication, no follow up, doesn’t even return calls.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

This office is a mess. The support staff there never seem to know what is going on. I went to see Dr Opsahl's N.P. and all I got was insulted. I have been a patient there for about 10 years and this office has really gone downhill. Maybe there is a reason there have been so many different N.P. in there the last few years. I enjoy working in the medical field and pride myself on my values. I was totally disrespected by this office. Their customer service stinks. I was met at the door to be led back to the doctor by a staff member that never lets a smile cross her face. Last time it was friendly in that office was when Dr. Opsahl's wife worked there, she was always smiling and treated the patients like she was glad to see them.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I went to see Dr Opsahl for my yearly wellness exam last July. Even though his website emphasizes the importance of skin cancer screening he did not examen my skin for this. I had to mention a spot on my arm that was a concern. He did not examen the rest of my body. After this I lost trust in him. I then went to a dermatologist who diagnosed the spot as skin cancer and did a complete examination. I had to return to the dermatologist twice for treatment. I feel Dr Opsahl was negligent

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I went to see my doctor, Dr Opsahl, last year in February regarding my husband's medical condition. My husband was in serious condition and I needed reassuring and emotional support. Instead of offering this kind of support Dr Opsahl told me to 'let him go'. I was surprised and shocked. I have lost all my trust in Dr Opsahl and have since changed my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I had been going to Waynesville Health Care since 1989 and had been very happy with the service there. However, recently things seem to have gone downhill and the practice has become very complacent. This year Dr Opsahl misdiagnosed me during a visit and sent me back to work the next day. However, the next day I was admitted to the hospital. Also, when I went to see him regarding an issue with increasing fat deposits around my mid section his first suggestion was plastic surgery (really?!). What kind of doctor suggests an invasive technique before looking at other options. I had done some research and asked whether cortisol could be causing it. He then setup a test, but offered no plan. After this I went to see the FNP Kristen Schwieterman at the practice. She was very good, but after two visits I was told that I could not see her any more. I never did find out who made this decision. I contacted the office manager, but she was unhelpful. Before committing to Waynesville Heath Care I would seriously suggest that you talk to the senior doctor there and ask some very specific probing questions in order to determine if the practice is a good fit for you. My experience has been some incorrect diagnoses, a lack of empathy, not taking my concerns seriously, and not spending enough time with me. Also, he really needs to install a restroom in the waiting room!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Everyone is friendly, but the wait time is horrible! Don't plan on leaving within an hour of your scheduled appointment time! I won't recommend the office to anyone out of convenience due to the wait time and I'm considering looking for a new doctor. I'd rather drive further than sit in an office for an hour with potentially contagious patients.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr. Opsahl is a caring, knowledgeable, and conscientious doctor! I would recommend him to anyone. He takes the time to know you as well as your health.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Dr. Opsahl was my family physician for about 5 years. He was awesome. Was very happy and treated wonderfully by he and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

Dr. Paul J. Opsahl's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Waynesville, OH