Ratings for Dr. Mark A. McClanahan

I have been seeing dr. McClanahan for 19 years and now travel 3 hours to see him he is always willing to answer all of my questions the office staff is good I have seen the PA in the past and I liked him also I would recommend this office to anyone asking

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I've been with him for years and wouldn't trust anyone else. He spends time each visit, and answers my many questions. He keeps up with the new medical info and tells me my choices.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Staff is rude, billing is never available to speak. Dr.McClanahan is nice but says the same thing every time, seems like he doesn't care from a few years ago when I started going. His indifference is now changing the whole office.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I am truly Blessed to have found Dr. McClanahan. I came into his office a complete mess. He took his time explaining my disease and I felt that I was the only patient he ha to see that day. When I left his office I felt reassured and confident that he was the doctor for me. His staff was very courteous and caring. I felt that someone cared about what I was going through and that makes a huge impact on me mentally. Thanks to the entire staff. You guys are A1 in my book.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

i have been going to this office for awhile. most times i see the PA. Lately I have the feeling that he could care less about me or my care. i was asking about the new weight loss/diabetes drugs available and was told to do some reseach and decide what I can afford. I was looking for some help and received none.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I am extremely thankful and blessed to have found Dr. McClanahan. He is kind, caring and truly takes his time to answer any questions I may have. The staff is very responsible and show great follow-through. I can count on them to call in prescriptions on time, make appointments for me to get blood work done and call me the very next day 100% of the time with my blood work results. I can't imagine going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

I cannot say enough about Dr. McClanahan and his staff. Professional, yet personable, fully capable yet warm and approachable. Dr. McClanahan's bedside manner is one of the best I've experienced. It's rare for a Doctor today to ask, "So how do you feel?" He took time to talk and fully answered questions. Almost always had a smile on his face. First Doctor's office that I didn't feel like "just a number." Staff were on par with Dr. McClanahan. Professional, helpful, courteous and efficient. Excellent practice !!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr. M is a 5-star doctor. I like him. The problem here is the staff. I can feel the tension between staff members. Some, maybe most, of the staff are real nice, respectful and reasonable, but some of the staff are not. At the side window, an older lady treated me with unexpected rudeness, like I was an interruption or annoyance. I feel like my business with them is taken for granted, as if I have no choice but to put up with their behavior. I experienced this once before at a completely different doctor's office. I didn't put up with that for long. I went elsewhere. I'm still with this office only because of the doctor, but my patience is wearing thin. This office needs to identify and dismiss toxic employees. My guess is that there is some in there that haven't yet realized the old days of a "one-doctor town" are over and tolerating rude behavior is no longer necessary. Did I mention the voice mail? The staff doesn't take calls. You have to leave a message. Every time.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

This doctor severed the doctor patient relationship because of a dispute over a $20 co-pay that his office neglected to notify me of. They actually refused to treat me, causing a lag in my diabetes medication because I was not aware I owed the practice $20...yes twenty dollars!!! The moment I was made aware of the $20 debt I arranged payment immediately. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I cannot begin to describe how mismanaged his business affairs appear to be. It is a wonder they are able to keep the doors open.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I am Dr. Mark's patient for the last 4 years. I am a thyroid cancer survival patient. In the last four years I have only seen Dr Mark about 2 or three times. Most of my appointments are with his PA. Every time I asked for the doctor, I am told that the earliest appointment is 3 months off. I am sure he is a good doctor, but not seeing my doctor (especially with my disease), I feel a disconnection with my doctor. And then his staff is not very friendly. If you ask them few questions they get upset and it shows on their face. I just wish I could see my doctor more often NOT his PA.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

Dr. Mark A. McClanahan's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)