Ratings for Dr. Robert R. Walther

Following up on my previous negative review, dated 12-26-10. I wrote my negative review too soon. When I went to see him, along with having a lot of skin problems, I was also suffering from extremely swollen legs, something he looked at, commented on and basically ignored, saying he thought it was a result of my skin problems, which he thought were psychological. A couple of weeks later I was in the Stamford ER with severe congestive heart failure, which was what the swelling was. More to the point, several of my skin problems, which he dismissed as being psychological, turned out to be cancerous and have since been surgically removed. Not thrilled with my experience.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Nice guy, probably knowledgeable, completely unhelpful. I went in basically begging for help with a problem I've suffered with for years, wrote everything down before hand. He read what I wrote, didn't really examine me, and basically washed his hands of me, do here I sit, in pain, with no help in sight.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

nice guy, very punctual, knows his stuff. i can usually get an appointment on short notice when something serious is going on. its a real pleasure to go to a doctor and not have to wait and wonder when youre going to be seen. i really like this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

He is an average doctor. His credentials are: Vice Chair of Department of Dermatology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. Also listed as New York's best doctors. His bedside manner should be improved. Sometimes I feel that he is rushing me out. He is a very good doctor for cortisone injections. It is true that you only spend about 5-10mins in the patient rooms. His appointments are booked every 10mins which is irregular. Other doctors schedule patients every 15mins so more time can be used to talk to patients. I tried elsewhere and found a better dermatologist with an excellent bedside manner and more caring than he is.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2006

Excellent,smart conservative doctor who really cares for his patients. He spends about 10-15 minutes for his patients. He is also qualified as an internal medicine doctor but he does not practice that area anymore. Overall I am pleased with Dr. Walther and his very responsible staff at Columbia Presbyterian Eastside Office. =)

flag | Submitted May 11, 2006

Dr. Robert R. Walther's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Commercial Insurance Company