Ratings for Dr. James Stuart

It will be four months tomorrow that Dr. Stewart repaired my ruptured quadriceps tendon, as a result of slipping on the ice (Calgary winter). My tendon was already weak from past injuries, which I thought I was managing well. I had the surgery done the following day and with emergency surgery, you don't get a lot of choice. But as I lay on the stretcher outside the OR suite, I saw the Doc walking the hall toward me. He was carrying a binder with all my info. This man oozed confidence and humility, and I just got a great sense that I was in great hands - even though he hadn't spoken a word to me yet, and I had never met him. He then met with me and described what he was going to do and to expect a four month recovery. The surgery went well and at all my follow up appointments, the Doc reiterated four months to full recovery and gave me sense that I was progressing well. So now that I am at four months, I can say I have full recovery. My leg is stronger and bigger than it was prior to the injury. I have full range of motion (after warm up), I can ride a bike, run, row, weight lift, etc. Like new! You don't realize how much you appreciate the normal functioning of a part of your body, until you lose it. Mind you the recovery process mostly depends on you, the effort you put in, following instructions and doing the work. I couldn't have asked for a better Doc if I chose one!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

This doctor will not do any surgeries that are not required. He is a very friendly and kind doctor. He is not a rambo in his approach he is very gentle. He knows his stuff. Good doctor.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr Stuart took me on after the first Orthopedic Surgeon Botched my first of 4 surgeries in a7 year period. I originally met Dr Stuart after my first surgeon botched my first surgery and I tried for over a year of trying to find a good shoulder guy of which there are few and far between that wanted to fix someone elses screw up. Any one who has had a mjor shouler repair will know what I am talking about. Any way my family MD Found Dr Stuart shortly after he moved to Calgary and was taking over another shoulder specialists practice and lucky for me. It took only 2 weeks instead of the usual 1-2 years because of 2 things. First of all I had and paid for my own MRI and Dr Hergets referal. On my first meeting Dr Stuart was alredy prepared to offer me some alternatives because he had already studied my MRI before my first visit but I found he was up on the latest techniues too try to repair it. He told me that it would probably requireore than 1 surgery and ther wee no guaranties.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010