Ratings for Dr. Mark Richey

Dr. Richey is absolutely the best doctor I have ever known! He always takes time to answer questions and make sure I understand what he's talking about. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

At first he seems a little quiet and shy, but the longer you see him the more his personality emerges. As others have said before me, his bedside manner is top-notch and his thoroughness is unsurpassed. I am now pregnant with my 3rd child. With my 2nd and 3rd babiesI required a Cerclage (stitching of the cervix to carry the baby full-term). He talked me and my husband through every step. Just a month ago I had my Cerclage surgery and he performed it on his scheduled day off, spending most of the day with me at the hospital. No doctor is more caring and worried about you. He even gave my husband his personal cell phone number to call anytime, day or night. And lastly, you know Dr. Richey is the best when all 3 times in the hospital (cerclage, delivery, cerclage) the nurses tell you, without hesitation, you have the best doc in town. Decision confirmed.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I have used Dr Richey for over 5 years, so has my sister and several of my friends. He is so kind and gentle and has a great bedside personality. He never has made me feel like he is in a rush to get me out of the office and is constantly making sure I have all my questions answered. I had an IUD a few years ago puncture my uterus and he was able to remove it with out having to get surgery. When I had my baby later he was at the hospital the whole time. My sister lost her baby around 6 months pregnant and while she was going in and out of consciousnesses at the hospital every time she woke up Dr. Richey was there by her bed checking on her. He is just so loving. He also seems to make sure that he is on top of new medical theories and studies.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Several of my girlfriends recommended Dr. Richey and I'm so grateful. He is the best doctor I've ever had. He is a terrific listener, takes his time, is very knowledgeable, kind and caring. I would recommend him to any woman looking for an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I'm 3 months pregnant, this is my first baby. I have seen Dr. Richey 4 times so far. He has been very patient and caring, always asking what questions I have and never rushing me. I feel very comfortable with him as my doctor. My previous OBGYN in Texas for 8 years was a woman, and I would expect a male to be less gentle but Dr. Richey is actually a lot more gentle and patient than she was. Their office also sends out notes to let you know your pap was clear. I really appreciate the communication even when the news is good. I will come back here after the baby and add a final review.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

I am suprised by the comments written here because my experience with Dr. Mark Richey is just the opposite. During my pregnancy I had a fibroid that grew larger than the baby. It was so painful I literally could not move without extream pain, I couldn't go to the bathroom myself, I couldn't stand up stright to even get a glass of water. I needed round the clock care and he refused to keep me in the hospital and I was treated as if I was a drug seeker (I don't take any drugs not even ibuprofin). I was afraid to ask for a prescription for a wheelchair so I could make my appointments. My family doctor heard about my condition and refered me to another OB who performed surgery immediatly. His staff accused me of going behind his back. Later, I returned to the hospital because of vomiting, Dr. Richey was on call. Then he agreed the surgery was "probably necessary". Only then did he believe it was serious. The experience was emotionally traumatic.

Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr Richey was truly the best OB I have ever had. He is patient, calm, doesn't rush you, answers all of your questions. He is a specialist, so it gives you peace of mind, should you have complications. When I delivered he stayed overnight at the hospital, so I could utilize him at any moment. I have moved out of AK and am pregnant with #2, but wishing I could still have him as my OB. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009

Dr.Richey has been my doctor since 2002. He is unlike any other doctor I have ever met.He is caring,knowledgeable, and so kind. In 2003 he was looking over my blood work on his weekend off and saw a serious problem. That keen eye of his suspected thyroid problems that was later diagnosed as athyroid cancer. He is humble and so many other doctors could sure learn a lot from him on how to listen to the patient and scrutinize their patients blood work. He saved my life. His nurse is also just as wonderful. Dr. Richey is well aware of how highly he is regarded by me and my family...He even called Texas to check on me when I underwent a radical neck disection there. Most doctors won't even call you back locally... Hmmm Yup he is the best!Thank you Dr. Richey for being my doctor!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

he is wonderful....I cant imagine anyone else being my doctor.. recommend him to anyone....and I do all the time...love him. He is so reasuring and comforting...

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Dr. Richey is a testament to his profession. He is knowledgeable, patient and has a very calming presence in difficult situations. He quietly commands respect in the delivery room and insists on the best care for his patients from other healthcare providers. I would recommend him to any woman seeking an expert in a wide scope of women's health and would highly recommend him to expectant mothers.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Mark Richey's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1988)