Ratings for Dr. John Bogen

It saddens me that such a great talent is wasted. He was the only doctor to diagnose TMJ in my 15 year old daughter after years of others prescribing antibiotics for ear infections. Im so sad over this.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

I saw that he may try to practice again. He was a great doctor. It is sad that his temptations over came him. The victims of his crime will live with it for ever. Though he was a great doctor I dont believe he should be allowed to practice again.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Bogen is a sick freak... when I was diagnosed with depression he had asked me out. He sent me a birthday card. He sent heart shaped cookies to my house. I was 19 at the time and luckily I was smart enough to change docs and get away from him. This past summer I read the paper and wasn't surprised at all.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Bogen was the best doctor I ever had in my 41 years however since the courts found him guilty of these****ndous charges he should not be allowed to practice medicene again or work around children in any other chosen career.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

A child offender should NEVER be considered a good person and he SHOULD NEVER be allowed to get his medical license back because a child offender is probably the worst human being that can exist! and all of those who say he's great are just as sick as he is obviously! you people disgust me, how can you say you would go to him if he got his license back knowing what he did to two poor innocent children! all of you are DISGUSTING and a waste of life!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr Bogen is a knowledge doctor and carring doctor and serviced his patients well. Poor communication skils and too much negativeness, but good preventative measures. Extremly poor staff, rude with big attitudes and had no interest in your presents, poor office manger, but execellent lab personel.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

I was saddened to read and discover Dr. Bogen's offense. Dr Bogen was my primary doctor for 13+ years. He was the BEST doctor I ever had. It could be said ...he saved my life. I wish him well. He is knowledgeable, caring, and direct. I agree with other posters, the clinic where he worked was awful ...never returned calls, problems with referrals, and staff at times were outright rude and inattentive. I wish I still had Dr. Bogen as my doctor BUT am glad to be out of that clinic and away from that staff. Since being forced to leave ...it took me three "primaries" to find a new doctor I was comfortable with at a convenient location.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Yes, it's him youre seeing on the sex offender list. According to the Dept of Professional Regulation: "John J. Bogen, Elk Grove Village – physician and surgeon license (036-093235) and controlled substance license (336-054540) indefinitely suspended for a minimum of four years retroactive to temporary suspension due to felony conviction for Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of two minors." The sex offender website says one of his victims was 6 years old.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

I also just found a John J Bogen from Elk Grove on the Illinois Child sex offendors list and i'm shocked. It looks like him but i can't really remember his face it's been a few years, so i may be wrong.ALthough i thought he was a good , his bedside manners were the worst. He looked at a lump i found in my armpit and basically just told me it wasn't good! Scared the hell out of me it took about a week to find out it was just a benign cyst.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

I used Dr. Bogen for for years before I had to change doctors, because he was not in my network for my new insurance. Now that I'm changing insurance I immediately tried to see if he was in my network of preferred physicians. I am upset to hear about his current status, and I wish him the best. I am a male in my late 30's and for awhile I changed doctors every year because I didn't care for any of them. After going to Dr. Bogen I stopped looking. He is the best doctor that I've seen. I cannot attest to his bedside manner, but he was knowledgeable, sincere, and attentive for all office visits. If he were to return, I would be the first in line.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Dr. John Bogen's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Elk Grove Vlg, IL