Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Dick

I will not go into extreme detail, as I do not feel it is necessary. But when a Pediatrician is willing to prescribe a psychiatric medication to a 2 1/2 year old, after you have made it clear that you do not want the 2 1/2 year old on any psychiatric medications, and then they proceed to lie to your face about the effects and purposing of the obvious psychiatric medication, one begins to question whether the doctor's loyalties lie in treating and helping his patients, or padding his wallet with the funds of "Big Pharma". What he did to my daughter was unethical, not only because he went against my wishes, not only because he blatantly lied, not only because this is a developing brain and the medication prescribed hasn't been approved for any use on children as young as my daughter, but because she can't even express how it made her feel. I urge you to be proactive in your children's health care, and even if you choose to go the route of this physician, do not allow yourself to be railroaded into something you are morally opposed to, not even for one day. You are the only one who can protect your child from people like this.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

worst experience with a pediatrician ever. As soon as my son would see him he would start screaming. Dr. Dick would hold my son's face down to look in his ears. Very horrible bedside manner. Pumped my kid full of antibiotics and surgeries, which did not work. There is a reason he is no longer with FW Peds!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

After seeing close to 20 specialists, and a 3 inch binder of lab work, Dr. Dick was the first doctor who was able to determine the cause of my health problems. Dr. Dick can have a fairly long wait time, but by far he is one of the few doctors worth the time! He genuinely cares and I trust his opinion & direction. Definitely consider seeing him if you can't get a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Dr. Dick is the reason why I distrust pediatricians now. Took my son into him and he was diagnosed w/ GERD. He automatically put him on 4 different prescriptions including an antibiotic b/c the side effect would empty his stomach. When nothing worked and things kept getting worse he gave me 2 cans of formula that would "help more than what you're giving now" which was breastmilk. When I took my son off the meds (right before he was supposed to be admitted to the hospital) and cut some things out of my diet, along with semi-reclining his bed, my son did a complete 180 in about 24 hours. When I told Dr. Dick he said, "Glad he's ok" and walked away. My experience has been that he's in the pocket of the drug companies since he tried to shove so many drugs down my son's throat instead of finding a simple solution and he's DEFINITELY not a friend to breastfeeding. I shudder when I think of what happened and how things could've turned horribly different if I had listened to his advice.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

We had Dr. Michael Dick for our child's doctor and it was the worst experience ever. She was a tube fed baby and they had never done anything to ever help get her off the tube except keep telling us to put milk into her stomach. As soon as we switched doctors she started eating foods right away! He also wanted to put her on a medicine for kids with turrets claiming it would make her eat more. We got a second opinion and they said that that was only a side effect of the medicine and it would only hurt the kid in the future. We have been doing so much better with out him. I wish we switched doctors a long time ago and my child would have been a lot better off.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

dr dick and his staff are the best i have meet yes dr dick can be an a** sometimes but when it comes to his "kids" he treats them as if they were his own i have never had to wait 2 hrs like one of these people said i have been taking my twin boys to them from the day they got out of the hopspital 2 years ago there are times we are there weekly due to there asthma and they treat us so well there when you have to call in the middle of the night or on a weekend they will call you back within 30 min but most of the time they call back in less then ten i have never had any other doctor or nurses that care so much for you and your children thank you doc dick amy and all the nurses you are the best

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

Excellent in ability to diagnois our child. We are very confident in Dr. Dick. He relates to children very well and makes parents feel at ease too. Only negative at all is wait time but then he doesn't make you feel rushed either so it is all good in the end. Would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

He is wonderful. He cares about his patients. On one sat. I called him and he said to meet him at the E.R. not many doctors would do that. He ended up admitting her. But I would not take my kids any where else. He also caught a heart condition that weekend the the N.I.C.U doctors did not. And all he did was listen to her heart beat. I give him credit for my daughter still being her today.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

This is the MOST caring, knowledgable doctor you will ever meet. If one doesn't know him well you would say he can have a horrible bedside manner but to those who have been with him awhile and knows his personality, his skill as a doctor and his kind heart know that he is the BEST, hands down!!!! We have gone to him for 9 years and he's seen my boys through thick and thin. He doesn't stop until he finds the answer. If he doesn't know the answer (which is few and far between) he's not afraid to tell you that he can't help but will find someone who can. As far as the wait goes, plan to be at the office for awhile but know that it's worth the wait. He will spend as much time with one patient as he does the next. He doesn't let anything go untreated or try to hurry anyone out the door like some doctors do. My husband, myself and my boys truly adore Dr. Mike!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr. Dick is very knowledgeable. However, he lacks necessary communication skills to effectively work with parents during a crises situation. You wait a LONG time to be seen by him. Our average time in his offie was 2 1/2 hours. He is knowledgeable where infectious diseases are concerned, but just can't communicate with parents.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007

Dr. Michael P. Dick's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1986)

HealthPartners