Ratings for Dr. Creed K. Mamikunian

I would heartily recommend Dr. Mamikunian to anyone in search of a great ENT physician. I have been a patient of Dr. Mamikunian for many years and find him to be knowledgeable, compassionate and patient in explaining the complexities of his diagnosis as well as treatment options. He has performed two very successful surgeries on me, and in the process, restoring my sense of smell and my ability to breathe through my nose. His office staff is friendly, caring and efficient. I find Dr. Mamikunian to be a great combination of sharp mind, good heart, good hands and a much needed sense of levity.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Having visited this doctor(by referral) once, I can say that is all I need to come to the conclusion that I will not be going back again. In my maybe 10 min appt he came off as arrogant, insensitive and quite short while I explained my symptoms. After that, he took out a dictaphone and began reiterating our conversation while I was sitting there waiting. How he cannot see that it is awkward and impersonal to a patient is beyond me. If he had misinterpreted any information, would I have been allowed to just interrupt his recording to make him aware?! It seemed to do nothing but take more time away from my appt to hear him repeat it all aloud when he had already been taking notes prior. Lastly the front office assistant is as unfriendly as he was and seem bothered if you ask anything.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

This doctor has to be one of the worse doctor I have ever seen. He had poor bedside manner and was not very knowledgeable at all. I went to him because I had issues with my throat and he was more concerned about my ears which were fine. I had to go to another doctor for the right diagnosis and treatment. He is very cocky and rude. I can't believe he is a practicing ENT doctor!! Beware!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Our then 16yr old son went in for node biopsy with great odds of being cancer. Dr. Mamikunian came out to greet us after performing the biopsy, shook my hand saying; "Congratulations...it's a BOY !" I was stunned and then asked if he thought it was cancer. "Yeah it's cancer, just hope it's Hodgkins Lymphoma." I was dumbfounded a medical doctor could be so caviler about saying such a thing to a frightened parent. I gave him 3 stars because when Hodgkins was confirmed he looked at our son and said not to worry, he was to think of this as a bad "case of strep throat." Well it was stage 3 Hodgkins and we needed to go to Seattle for 6 months. This was 2006, hopefully he has had more compassion over the years.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

The best of the best! Very personable and professional, and caring!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Mamikunian is the Best Ear, Nose, Throat Specialist I have ever had the privilege to see. I had years of sinus problems. In one visit he could see how miserable I was. He order X-rays an d such. From them he could see the severity of my sinus problem. He performed 2 sinus surgeries (2002) on me and since those I have been extremely better. He is a Doctor that is direct and if your serious about being well and taking good care of yourself he is the doctor for you. If you don't take his advise seriously or not willing to take care of yourself then don't waste his time or yours.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

My experiences with Dr. Mamikunian have been nothing but extremely positive. I have seen so many ENTs over the years and he ranks as the most knowledgable in that I finally had a reprieve from constant ear infections. I have faith in him to the degree that if I have to have another surgery, I trust his recommendation to do so and that I will receive the highest level of performance and outcome.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Very pleasant, extremely knowledgable. I visited him twice and had the same positive experience both times. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

I see that Dr. M has several great ratings. I believe if you go in with something blatantly wrong he might help. If you have something obscure or mild he will not be too kind. I went in twice, once with each of my children. We had just moved to Anchorage. We saw an ENT regularly in Dallas where we lived prior. My girls have allergies and often ended up with chronic mild sinus infections. Both times he spoke down to me and said this WAS NOT a problem for him, and that I should see our pediatrician. His exact words with a scowl on his face, "There's nothing wrong with this child!" I don't remember specifically more, but it wasn't kind. Like someone else said he seemed almost hostile and I definitely felt like an idiot. If he doesn't prefer seeing a milder condition I'm ok with that, but would prefer to be told respectfully and with tact. I respected him as the professional to see what a pediatrician might miss. I wouldn't set foot back in his office again. Sorry.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Wells Fargo insurance covered all costs of sinus operation and visits. I was referred by a close friend who was a previous patient and would refer to another close friend. Superb doctor-listened fully, receptive, informative, with team approach to decisions. He appeared cautious in his research and shared concerns. Professional but very compassionate. Couldn't be more satisfied with his service, and surgery. Excellent care!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

Dr. Creed K. Mamikunian's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)